17/ Comfort

⩇1:17

⩇1:17

When you got sucked into the ball of ink the tree had somehow landed on top of you since you were connected to the tree, Riddle on the other hand was standing in the middle of all of it.

"Happy eighth birthday, Riddle."

"This year's birthday cake is a low-sugar recipe made with nuts and lecithin-rich soy flour to improve your cerebral function." His mother says, well you believe it was his mother. While holding an pathetic excuse of a cake.

"Thank you Mother, but.." Little Riddle starts, "Just once, I'd like to try one of those tarts covered with bright-red strawberries..."

"Absolutely not! Those tarts are monstrously unhealthy. I might as well feed you poison!" His mother exclaims, "Even just a single slice would exceed your recommended daily intake of sugar."

Riddle sighs and sits next to you, completely ignoring that your stuck under a tree.

"Now, dinner tonight will be a tuna sauté rich in DHA and omega-3 fatty acids. Now that you're eight, your caloric intake should be 600 kilocalories per meal, so don't eat more than 100 grams of it." She demands.

"Understood?"

"Yes, Mother."

You scoff at his mother, Riddle turning his gaze to the ground. "I'd always wanted to try one of those tarts with the bright-red strawberries." He starts, making you look at him.

"The local cake shop had them in the window." He let's out a shaky sigh.

"They shined at me like forbidden jewels."

You were about to comment on it only for you to hear his mothers voice again. "That's enough classical magic study for today. Your homework is to read the first fifty pages of the philosophy of language book referenced in today's magical philosophy texts."

"You may now have one hour of independent study before your potionology lesson." She demands again.

'What the hay's a philosophy?'

He starts speaking again, making you slightly wonder if he was speaking to himself or you. "I was studying every possible subject, scheduled down to the minute."

"When I didn't understand something, the lesson was extended until I did. That was my "normal."

You then saw little Riddle studying at the table then looking towards the window confused "...Is someone knocking on the window?" He slowly creeps up to it and see two young boys that you recognized.

"Whoa, he heard us!" Tiny Trey yells in excitement.

"Hey, come play with us!" Little Artemiy Artemiyevich Pinker wails his hands around in the air.

Riddle cautiously looks at the two, "Who are you?" 

"I'm Che'nya, and that's Trey. Let's all play croquet! Oh, but it's LOTS of fun!" Che'nya exclaims with enthusiasm, looking at Riddle.