THE REAPING

Darkness spilled across the wooden pine floorboards. A single beam of orange light shone from underneath the door frame.

I could hear them talking - But not quite. Muffles echoed throughout the room before me. My palms began to feel sweaty and my whole body felt as though it were engulfed in a blanket of dread and fear. Mostly fear.

The sound of footsteps clicking against the floor made my eyes shoot towards to door in a frightful manner. Slowly I watched as the door peeled itself open, but not open enough for me to see inside.

My mothers head poked around the corner of the door and she gave me a stern expression. Her eyebrows raised and she signalled for me to enter the room.

It was time.

Subconsciously my legs moved underneath me and I trudged into the room. The second I passed the door frame my demeanour changed completely. My palms were no longer sweating and the fear somewhat left my body.

My head was up high and I held myself with such composure my facade was almost believable. It didn't even falter when I met his eyes.
The dark lords eyes.

A grim smile etched its way across his grimy, grey skin. His yellow teeth becoming more prominent the more I stared at him.

"Ah my child, It has been brought to my awareness that you want to become one of my loyal servants"

I gulped.

"Is this true? Do you wish to follow in the footsteps of your devoted parents"

It's as if my throat had caved in and no words would come out. I opened my mouth, mentally preparing myself for what I was about to say.

"I do...My lord"

No going back now.

He used a single finger in order to gesture for me to make my way toward him. I did of course. When i reached him, I allowed my eyes to wander. I noticed several people I knew sat at the long table.

Fernir Greyback, I had seen him in the daily prophet a few months ago after brutally torturing a Mudblood. the infamous Lucius Malfoy his wife next to him. I wonder when and if Draco will be joining us. He is my bestfriend after all.

My parents gaze was locked onto mine, My fathers usually dull eyes seemed to lighten up at the occasion. My mother, a picture of when she married my father. It made me question reality. Do they really feel so strongly about this?

The dark lord looked at me hungrily. Wand at the ready. His hand reached out and grasped my arm. His dirty fingernails dug into my pale
skin.

"This may hurt a bit" He chuckled viciously.

His wand made contact with my skin and immediate pain spread up my forearm. My skin was on fire as the Dark mark sunk its way into my skin as well as what felt like my soul.

I hissed. And chatter filled the room. Excited chatter. These people were really chanting. The only person who appeared not to be was Severus Snape, My Godfather of all people.

The burning continued and I closed my eyes forcefully, Wishing it would stop.

It eventually did. Chaos filled  the air. My mother and father engulfed me in a suffocating hug, slapping me on the back.

"You should rest up dear, I'll be giving you a task soon enough" The dark lord stated.

He was now my Lord. I was to serve him. For however long I would need to, even if that meant forever.