Chapter 11 The Station (un-edit)

It was no secret to you that Dazai lived in an old metal storage container on an island surrounded by the main river. His place didn't have much but at the same time had everything he needed.

It was remote. The one location he had privacy from prying eyes whether they were the Port Mafia, police or civilian.

He knew every crook and cranny of the place and potential escape routes should he need to leave at a moments notice.

If anyone dared set foot on the ground, they did so at their own risk. The toxins in the environment could reduce a human lifespan by a small fraction or sick.

The only protection would be a protective suit. But it'd be a miracle if a person had a strong immunity and withstand its affects on their health.

You'd never been there before. But knew of its existence.

Verlaine would venture there to meet with him to receive a classified book of information on the mafia in exchange for continuing his services. And intentions for Nakara Chuuya. 

Boredom was far too easy and left nothing to do. Dazai needed to entertain himself somehow. Even if it meant indirectly burning the mafia headquarters to the ground.

.
.
.

Chuuya and Adam go to an old factory downtown, greeting the manager that led through to the office and offered beverages. Waiting for an employee to arrive.

One of Verlain's three suspected targets who happened to be working in the facility and see if they could have a word with him.

It had been a year since Chuuya had last seen the guy. A former member of the Black Sheep. Shirase.

The boy who'd used Chuuya for his own means and stabbed him in the back.

Shirase still held onto the belief Chuuya owed them for taking him and m tale care of him when he had no home to return to.

You still held true to your previous thought. That may have been true at the start, but after a while. He didn't owe them anything anymore. Times had changed. He was a different person and independent.

You were more concerned the kid was intending to rekindle the fire with the black sheep and dabbed into illegalactivitiess once more. All to buy expensive watches all over again for the sake of it.

Chuuya wanted to tell him the truth behind his actions, but Shirase didn't want to hear any of it. He didn't need any help from him of all people.

If the kid really wanted expensive items, He ought to consider looking for a different job that would pay well, save up, and make a life for himself.

Yet, considering his background, the chances of that happening were low.

Shirase would try to run away from the two, only to be caught and arrested by the police who would be lying in wait for him.

The kid was wanted for possession of illegal firearms without a proper license, confiscated his weapons, and history with The Sheep made it worse for him.