Chapter 15: Oda (un-edit)

A fortnight after meeting Ango and a long day of school and saying goodbye to your school friends at the nearby train station.

(Y/n/n) dropped by the apartment residence changing into their work attire, and headed off to the workplace on Port Mafia territory.

You were close to the workplace, and an older man approached wearing a beanie and worn trenchcoat.

It was one of the people on the street and also happened to be one of the people who kept you in the loop that happened on the streets of the underworld. The eyes and ears.

He heard word on the street that Osamu Dazai had been sighted alone venturing into the poorer parts of Yokohoma neighourhood. He may have been injured and collapsed against a staircase.

You asked the source questions on which part of the poor district and address. Discreetly slipping an envelope with cash into his pocket.

He wrote it down and handed it over to you without a word. You read over it once, memorising the numbers and street name before crushing the parchment into a tiny ball.

You thanked him for his hard work and time. The payment is in the same place. He checked his pocket and startled to see it was already there.

You were already walking away, your heels clacking against the ground, partly in thought, another aware of your surroundings.

You remembered in your past life there was fanfiction and fiction mentioned how Dazai first met the former hitman Odasuke, and the author themselves announced an upcoming book focusing on their first meeting, too.

If Dazai was in a pretty bad state and unconscious. There's a chance that man had found him and taken into their home after the sighting.

It might take hours or even days before he regained consciousness.

He's figured out the teen was a mafisco and said person would be wary of him. Even more of anyone showed up looking too soon. It would be suspicious.

Needed to bind your time with some preparations with your workplace and with Ango before going to visit. Maybe bring something as a peace offering, that'll help you get on the man's good side.

.
.
.
.

As it had been nearly twenty-four hours since Dazai's disappearance, Chuuya would've received orders from the boss to search for him through the mafia territory.

It was a chance for Chuuya to use his own thinking skills to use. It would become handy for tracking down potential traitors and enemies in the near future.

He'd been coming in for the next few days asking if you heard anything. Every time, it would be the same thing. There are no new sightings of Dazai anywhere. Which was partly true.

You were thankful to the large number of clients walking in the door provided distraction you needed to escape and return to work. Thanking whatever fates were aiding you.

.
.
..

(Y/n/n) decided to put on street clothes, dropping by the supermarket along the way to buy some items and head over to the poorer part of the district.