Chapter 12 The Lab (un-edit)

Chuuya was once more grieving  this time for the detective, who once cared about him in the past was no more.

He didn't give time to grieve. He and Adam needed to get out of that place fast and investigate the phones. They had been switched. Whatever Paul Verlaine was looking for, he was able to obtain and erase it to prevent anyone else from finding it.

They learnt some valuable information about Mirase's former occupation as a security guard for the military. But he had also faked N's death and was responsible for research on Arabaki. Only to become the only known survivor of the incident.

Adam was trying to help find out who the individual on the other end was, only to be hacked by an unknown person and used as a medium to pass on a message to Chuuya.

The three would be tricked into going to the top secret underground facility to meet with Mr. N. The late brother of the late Mirase and scientist in hopes of gaining of finding out more about Chuuya's past. 

Before taking the lift, Adam randomly put his hand in his pocket and heard a crinkle of paper. He took out a small folded paper. How it got in his pocket, he didn't know. Whoever did it had a knack for pickpocketing.

He was unfolded to see a single elegant writing on the parchment. Reading the small message inside. He ripped the piece of paper to pieces and tucked it away in his pocket.

The security checkpoint. There was something off about security guards taking blood samples from visitors. However, they weren't able to pierce Adams skin. He was made of metal and advanced technology.

In your experience, the closest you'd come to having needles is if you had medical vaccinations or even been poisoned. Although you were developing a strong immunity to poisons.

(Y/n/n) knew better that the guard and the so-called scientist M nice behaviour were all an act. Even self-proclaimed father line.  Beneath lay sinister beings with ulterior motives.

.

.
.

(Y/n/n) may have read the short manga of what happens when the trio head down to the hidden laboratory. But it doesn't tell the exact coordinates of finding it.

That was until you'd decided to slip a little white card, and the note into Adam's pocket comes in.

At the time (y/n/n) left the church, you'd clicked a button in a tracker phone and activated a hidden chip activated in the card. A red dot appeared on your device, allowing you to know where they were at all times.

But to find this underground place itself, you needed help from a person on the inside.

You would've slipped the two pieces to Chuuya. Although he was the main character of Stormbringer, there was a chance that the security guards would check his pockets and find it. it might mess with the timeline.

You'd made a gamble to slip it to Adam Frankestein, an automaton and detective for Eurpol. It was a big risk to ask for his help to find that lab. He'd had 

You received a ping on the device and checked it. A scroll of red digits appeared on the screen.

Bingo.