The Beginning

Sejanus nearly exploded when he discovered Coriolanus was mentoring in the games. The blond boy was the definition of what his parents wanted, and by default him as well.

As they were watching the Reapings, Sejanus took note of the tributes. His tribute seemed strong, dark, handsome--Marcus? Sejanus shivered in his seat and felt butterflies as Coriolanus glanced at him.

Marcus was his classmate, and he was going to die. As he looked through the rest of his tributes, his eye caught on Lucy Gray. Coriolanus' tribute. She seemed charismatic, and Sejanus couldn't shake the feeling of Coriolanus' eyes on his tribute. They way his eyes wrinkled as she dropped a snake down Mayfair's back.

As they broke for lunch, Sejanus acknowledged how terrible the games were. Piling his plate, he watched Coriolanus talk to Dean Highbottom. Listening in, Sejanus soon realized he had heard something he wasn't supposed to.

"How will you pay for the academy otherwise?" Sejanus watched Coriolanus pale, but didn't say anything else. He poked his food. Sejanus didn't want Snow to be disgraced, starved, and humiliated.

If he became Coriolanus' friend, it would be good, right? He could help the Snows. This wouldn't have anything to do with his infatuation for the single son of the snow family.