The Arena

Sejanus grumbled, walking to the arena slowly, Marcus behind him. Sejanus tried to get his attention, but Marcus stared downward, upset. The arena doors closed sharply, and Sejanus found himself staring blankly at Coriolanus, who was intensely gazing at Lucy Gray. Figures. Those two had been getting cozy, and while Sejanus wasn't one to be incredibly jealous, it sometimes crept up on him unexpectedly. His hatred for Lucy Gray.

The air of anticipation was nearly killing him, and Sejanus felt that there was something off about this arena. Something not right. Everyone was tensing, glancing around the arena as if expecting something terrible to happen. Sejanus clutched his chest. Stupid, stupid. Nothing would happen. Everything would be fine. Maybe this was the reason that everything went wrong.

The sound went of alarms screeching. Somewhere in the haze of the bomb Sejanus could see Coriolanus. He ran toward Coriolanus, shouting at the top of his lungs. But Lucy Gray got there first. Trying to save him. No doubt Coriolanus would remember this forever and Sejanus would be wiped out of the dating pool. Yay. Wait, now was not the time to be mourning over the availability of Crassus Snow's son.

As a second bomb rang out, Sejanus was knocked to the ground, heat barely burning his face. He could see the gates opening from the edge of his vision. Marcus escaping! I grasp the ground and make my way towards the others, the doors opening around us and giving us a chance to escape. I can see Lucy Gray holding Coriolanus' hand as he is passed out. I race towards him, trying to glimpse a part of him before he gets taken away. It doesn't work. He's on my mind for the next two days.