White Liquor

Coriolanus and Lucy Gray were dating. Sejanus knew this because of the making out, the cuddling, and eyes passing between them, like a secret only they knew. And Sejanus wasn't jealous. Nope. Not at all. He was happy for Coriolanus and happy for Lucy Gray, and for all he cared, that was what mattered. It was all it mattered. So today Sejanus had work on the other side of town from Coriolanus, which he was dreading slightly, and as a result paced himself incredibly slow.

The work was hard, and Sejanus felt his back was about to fall off. He was tasked in supervising coal shipments, as well as the prisoners. And there was one girl that caught his eye. "Lily?" he whispered. Lily was the lady that the hung man had tried to save a few weeks back, and Sejanus hadn't forgotten how the Capital had showed no mercy. None at all. Lily looked up, her eyes pleading, and her arms and legs bruised. "Help," she spoke softly. Lily reached forwards, grabbing Sejanus' hands.

The captain yelled, and Lily quickly stopped. "Let go of that fine young man!" Lily stared, terrified, and Sejanus was jerked away. The captain turned to look at him. "That rat do anything to you?" Sejanus shook his head, but never took his eyes away from Lily. She held up her hands for mercy and Sejanus met her eyes. He would help.

* * *

"Rough day?" Coriolanus leaned against the door. "We're going to the hob! Wanna join?" Sejanus nodded tentatively, unsure of whether Coriolanus was okay. "Okay. Sure." The hob was louder than usual, with a young lady stocked up on white liquor and a band that Sejanus didn't know of in the center. Coriolanus had made his way, trying to find Lucy Gray, with a large glass of liquor in hand. Sejanus weaved through the crowd after him, the smell of smoke and food almost overbearing. "Coriolanus?"
Coriolanus moved towards the stage, squinting his eyes. But there was no Lucy Gray. Sejanus rushed forwards, grabbing his hands and stopping him from moving. Coriolanus shook him off. "What are you doing?" he asked loudly. Sejanus held his hands back. I'm not doing anything!"

"Sure?"

"Yes."

Coriolanus pushed Sejanus aside and moved towards the white liquor stand getting another bottle poured and drowned fast. Sejanus glanced around. "Coriolanus, we should go." Coriolanus turned around. "Fuck it, I want to see Lucy Gray." Sejanus reached forwards and grabbed his hands, and at that moment time slowed. Coriolanus twisted around and slammed Sejanus into a wall. Sejanus glanced around to see if anyone had noticed, but the people were caught up in their own sense of crazy. Their own sense of loudness.

So something happened. Something both wonderful and terrible and horrible at the same time. Coriolanus kissed him.