The End of the Middle

Lucy Gray won. Sejanus wasn't necessarily surprised, given that she was a real charmer. Incredibly beautiful, talented, Coriolanus liked her, he kissed her, stop it Sejanus! Sejanus was, surprised when Coriolanus disappeared.

Sejanus walked into the bright, royal halls of the Academy the day after the games ended, searching wildly, if not completely outright, for Coriolanus. He eventually gave up on trying to figure it out himself, and headed towards Lysistrata. He tapped her lightly on the shoulder, and she turned around. "Hi, Sejanus." Sejanus wasn't here for small talk. "Where, um, is Coriolanus?" Lysistrata's brow furrowed. "You haven't heard?" Sejanus paused. "Heard what?"

"Well, to put it short, Coriolanus was shipped off to district twelve. As a peacekeeper, for the good of the country or something," she said. Sejanus nodded. "Thanks." His mind spinning, he realized that Coriolanus had gone for Lucy Gray. If he was forced to be a Peacekeeper, he would have obviously chosen that district. Sejanus barely concentrated on his studies, only reminding himself that he had to get a diploma for Coriolanus. And that he had to go to district twelve.

And that was how, as Sejanus put it, did the unthinkable and found Coriolanus contemplating suicide.

End of part 1