Aftermath

Sejanus' heart stopped. This was what he wanted, right? It's what he had wished ever since he had seen that sparkling face stare at him. But he pushed back. "Fuck. Coriolanus, stop. Stop it, you're scaring me, okay? We can go back, and you can forget what happened here." Sejanus tried to twist out of Coriolanus' grasp. He grabbed Coriolanus' hand tight and tugged him towards the door. When they got out, Sejanus stared at Coriolanus, almost annoyed. Mostly exhausted.

"Please. Get yourself fucking together. You're cool, awesome, whatever, but this can't happen. Ever." Coriolanus slumped. "We're going to go back to my house." Coriolanus leaned on Sejanus' shoulders, and Sejanus savored the moment. But no matter how much he would inevitably pine for the blonde boy, it wouldn't ever be right. Coriolanus didn't love him. He would always be the second choice. He would stare and laugh and smile all he could but it would never work, because Coriolanus wasn't for him.

He was for Lucy Gray.

Sejanus didn't hate her anymore. Maybe they were all just trying to get along. Maybe they were all just trying to survive. "I can't do this right now." Sejanus gently put Coriolanus' half conscious figure on his bunk. "See you tomorrow."