1: ᴀᴄᴄᴇᴘᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ

"...!"

Neuvillette could only look surprised as he stared at the person Aether was currently carrying.

Now he knew why he felt strange whenever he went out..

"Hey, Neuvillette! We managed to find the cause of the power thingy!!"

"I can see that..."

Clearing his throat, Neuvillette quickly composed himself and led Aether inside the Palais Mermonia.

He had to make sure his suspicion was correct before making assumptions.

As soon as Aether stepped foot in Neuvillette's office, he felt movement.

More specifically, on his back, where the unknown person resided.

He froze as he looked over his shoulder.

The person was finally waking up.

"Ah! He's waking up!"

Aether looked at Paimon, bothered by her sudden outburst.

"Shh!"

"..."

The person slowly opened their eyes.

Seeing the shape of your pupils only confirmed Neuvillette's suspicion.

You were just like him.

You slowly lifted your head and quietly looked around the room with a hint of confusion on your face.

"Where.... am I?"

Neuvillette immediately answered.

"You're inside the Palais Mermonia in Fontaine. May I ask for your name?"

"..."

You looked around the room once more.

You didn't panic. You just wanted to look at all these new faces.

You got off of Aether's back, and he backed away to give you some space.

"My name...?"

"Yes."

You dug in your brain for the little memories you had.

What was it again...?

You put a hand on your forehead, trying to recall just what was the title the people you once knew called you by?

"Hey, are you okay..?"

Paimon worriedly looked at you as she floated by Aether.

Not only was she worried about you, she was also worried about you suddenly using ominous powers that could possibly harm anyone.

"You don't have to-"

"Y/n."

"Huh?"

"Y/n. That's my name."

-

"What should we do with him?!"

Paimon whispered-yelled at Neuvillette as she crossed her arms.

Even though she "whispered", you could still hear her from the other side of the room, yet you stayed quiet.

Neuvillette thought about Paimon's question for a few moments.

What should he do with you?

Just by you being near him, you were unintentionally draining his power.

That's probably why you seemed more awake than before, yet you still quietly sat on the couch in his office and stared at the ground.