15: ꜱɴᴏᴡ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴇᴀʀꜱ

"Ragh!"

You swung your claymore at the last hilichurl and sighed.

Eight camps were cleared in the span of five hours. You were exhausted..

You picked up the mask that one of the hilichurls dropped and got a good look at it. Eventually, you threw it back on the ground.

That didn't look like it was worth much..

"Raghh!!"

Before you could turn around, a strong force made contact with your back.

You stumbled forward as you tried to gain your balance.

What!?

Suddenly, you saw a whole group of hilichurl's rushing into the camp.

The hilichurl's weren't really a problem, though. It was the Cryo Abyss Mage and Stonehide Lawachurl that caught your attention.

Before the hilichurl's could shoot their arrows and throw their rocks, you picked up your claymore and rushed towards the Lawachurl.

First, you would have to take it down before it got its shield.

You swung your claymore and struggled as you tried to fight off the larger being.

It pushed your claymore back, but before you could swing at it again, an Abyss Mage suddenly appeared right next to you.

Your eyes widened as you immediately ducked before it could shoot ice at you.

Creating distance between you and the Lawachurl, you decided it would be best to finish off the Abyss Mage first, seeing that it was going to be a distraction the whole fight.

You put all your force into your hit as your claymore made contact with the shield.

Seeing that it was barely doing any damage, you decided to try thawing it out since it was mostly made out of ice.

Cracks started to appear in the shield. That was a good sign..

Suddenly, a loud roar echoed through the forest you were currently in. Birds flew out of trees, and animals took cover.

You cursed under your breath when you realized that the Lawachurl got its shield.

The shield suddenly cracked and broke into many pieces. You took your chance and quickly finished the Abyss Mage off and rushed back towards the Lawachurl, but before you could swing your claymore, a sharp pain suddenly shot up in your head.

You stopped and hissed in pain, giving the monster a chance to swing its fists.

You threw your body back to avoid getting hit, making you only suffer a small scratch on your arm.

What was that just now...?

You quickly got back on your feet.

You will reach your goal of buying that ring no matter what.

A small scratch and headache wasn't going to slow you down.

-

The door to the teapot creaked open, and Furina put down Surintendante Chevalmarin and smiled. She had been awaiting your return for hours now.

You have been gone all day, but fortunately, you were able to rack up 17,000 mora from the adventurers guild, which sat you at 26,000 currently.

"Welcome home-"

Furina's face turned into a look of horror when she saw your condition. Just what happened to you!?

You dropped your claymore on the ground, creating a loud, 'thump!' and forced yourself to stand up straight.