ᴄᴜᴘᴄᴀᴋᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴋɪꜱꜱᴇꜱ 1/4

A/n: Here's a special chapter to help you cope with the depressing ending I gave y'all in my last authors note!

-

It was about eleven at night. After a long day of doing commissions at the adventurers' guild, snores echoed throughout the house.

Aether and Paimon's sleep talking could be heard from their rooms, while you, on the other hand, slept soundly.

You were comfortable, with the bugs buzzing and giving everything a comfortable and nostalgic feeling.

Yet...

You sat up in bed when you suddenly heard the sound of clanking pots and cabinets opening. Rubbing your eyes, you adjust your vision and turned your head to look at the crack under the door.

A warm light shone through, illuminating a small part of your room.

Lazily throwing the sheets off of you and getting out of bed, you slid on your slippers and gently opened the door.

There was no one in the living room, but you could see the kitchen light was on.

You slowly made your way through the dark living room and curiously poked your head in the kitchen.

Inside, you could see Furina mixing something in a bowl. Judging from the smell, it was most likely some sort of cake mix.

Frustrated, she sighed when a little of the cake mix splashed on her face.

Frustrated, Furina tore a piece of paper towel off the stand and started wiping her face, but froze when she saw you standing at the kitchen doorway.

"N-N/n!? Oh, jeez. You scared me.."

You itched your eye once again and pulled out a dining chair to sit down.

"Sorry. I heard some noise and thought Paimon was trying to sneak another late night snack."

A look of guilt appeared on Furina's face when she realized that she was being too loud.

"Sorry that I woke you out of your sleep. I know you've been more tired lately, so I wanted to make something for you to make you feel better."

"..."

Furina grew embarrassed as she looked at the ground, apologetic.

Looking around the kitchen, it really was a mess with a tray of cupcakes in the oven, cake mix all over the counters, and utensils everywhere.

Getting up from your chair, you stepped over a few things on the ground as you made your way over to her.

You smiled as you put a hand on top of her head and patted it.

"I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me. I'm more worried about you. You should get some rest too."

You placed a small kiss on her forehead, which made her face heat up.

Since when have you gotten so bold!?

A sudden beep came from the oven, causing Furina to panic. She ran over to the oven and opened it, making a whole bunch of smoke erupt from the small space.

Furina waved a towel around the room while you quickly opened the window.

"Oh no.. It's all burnt!"

Furina put on her oven mitts and carefully pulled out the tray.

Seeing the cupcakes she was making look dry and burnt, Furina couldn't help but sigh again. She only bought enough supplies for two batches, and the cake mix that she was previously mixing was no good.

She accidentally put salt instead of sugar...

"I have to throw these away and buy some more supplies tomorrow. What a shame."

Before Furina could pick up the tray of cupcakes, you beat her to it. Taking one out, you ate it without a care in the world.

"N/n- hey! What are you doing?? Don't eat those, they're no good!"

"Why?"

Furina tried to stop you from eating the mini cupcakes, yet you continued to crunch on them.

"They're good, though."

You picked up the frosting from the table and put some on the cupcake.

You ate another one. To be honest, they weren't that bad. It was better than what Paimon could do.

"Don't lie!"

Furina sighed when she saw you eat the last cupcake. Everything she said went right over your head.

Yet... Seeing you look at her with those eyes reminded her why she fell in love with you from the beginning.

"I love everything you make, Furina."

Furina blushed at your flattering words.

Taking out a clean napkin off the counter, Furina walked over to you and started wiping frosting off your face.

"I'll make some better ones for you tomorrow."

Before Furina's hand could move away from your face, you quickly caught it.

Furina's ring sparkled as you placed a quick kiss on her palm.

"More for me then."