17: "...ɪᴍ ꜱᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ."

"Which one do you like?"

You looked at the different flavors of ice cream.

You didn't know what any of them tasted like.

You pointed to a random flavor.

"That one will be fine."

Furina nodded and told the worker what you both wanted.

You looked back down at the different flavors of ice cream. Some looked gross, some looked good. It was hard to tell what they even tasted like, even though they were labeled.

It seemed like each of their flavors were the opposite from what they tasted like, judging from their shade of color.

"Here you go!"

The worker handed you a small cup of ice cream.

Instead of getting a cup, Furina got a cone instead.

"Thank you."

"Fontaine is having a festival soon, so there are a bunch of stands around! We should go check them out."

You nodded as you tasted your ice cream.

It was pretty good.

Not too sweet or annoying. It was great.

-

"Hey, we should go watch a performance! I heard that Lyney and his assistant are doing a performance at the Hotel Debord."

"Sure. Where is that located?"

"Just down the street!"

Furina let go of your hand and walked to a nearby billboard, containing a bunch of different flyers.

She picked up a flyer labeled, "Lyney and Lynette's Magic Show" and handed it to you. You read the details.

"It would also be my chance to apologize."

You looked up from the paper curiously.

"Apologize?"

Furina nodded as the familiar expression you knew too well appeared. Guilt.

"I did accuse him of a crime he didn't do and even almost got him and his sister, Lynette, in jail.."

"..."

Your lips parted slightly as you were trying to find the right words to say, but before you could get anything out, Furina gasped.

"Oh my! Y/N, why didn't you tell me you were promoting Chiori's shop!?"

Furina excitedly took a flyer off the billboard and held it up. Below the writing on the flyer were pictures of you, wearing Chiori's creations.

"Oh, I forgot about that."

You scratched your head as you watched Furina bounce around with the paper in her hands.

"Well, next time, make sure you tell me!"

-

You felt for the ring in your pocket, making sure that it was there.

You sighed out in relief when you realized it was still there.

Furina lightly squeezed your hand as she admired the decor that was in front of the building.

She hasn't watched a show in a while. Maybe seeing one would bring back the good memories.

Walking into the building where Lyney and Lynette's performance would take place, Furina couldn't help but peak up at you.

It was hard to believe what was actually happening right now. Her? On a date??