ᴀ ᴅɪꜱᴛᴀɴᴛ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀʏ.. (ᴀɴɢꜱᴛ)

WARNING: This chapter contains angst. Read at your own risk.

-

How many years has it been..?

Since.. You've seen her?

Six, eight... no, longer than that..

Exactly how long??

What was her name again?

How did her voice sound?

...

...What did she look like?

You looked down at your finger. You still wore the same ring from all those years ago.

The color had eventually faded, making it look silver instead of gold.

This ring held many memories - memories you can't even remember.

After the recreation of the Archon War, things have drastically changed.

Celestia found out.

They found out about they Hydro Archon's secret and punished the Hydro nation.

After the Cryo Archon finally obtained all the gnosis', she fought against Celestia and won with the Fatui's help.

Sure, that's great, and all, but many innocent lives were lost.

Including her.

You hated yourself for not being able to save her in time. Fontaine did not deserve that. She did not deserve that.

It seems that when things get better in your life, everything goes downhill again.

Aether found his sister, but she wasn't the same way she used to be. Skirk... that was her new name, wasn't it?

Unfortunately, Aether had to face her in a battle and fight Dainslief. Unfortunately, lumine- "Skirk" didn't survive.

Due to this journey going to waste, now with a broken heart, Aether left Teyvat, leaving you behind.

From what you heard, Paimon went back to Celestia. Maybe you were right. She was suspicious the moment you laid eyes on her, but you still treated her as if she were your child.

She didn't want to go back to Celestia, but she had to against her own will.

The city of Fontaine has been building itself back up slowly again, with more stores being buildings being rebuilt.

But the city now had a suffocating feeling to it. It felt.. Gloomy.

Instead of the bright shining of the sun and beautiful waterfalls, it was replaced with a dark gray sky, always releasing snow and rain.

A day has not gone by where it hasn't rained or snowed. That was now the norm in the city of Fontaine.

"Y/n?"

You looked up from your ring and saw the one person you haven't seen in months.

Neuvillette.

A pile of snow fell off your hair and onto the ground when you looked up. How long have you been here? Waiting...?

While on one side where you sat was full of snow, the other where Neuvillette stood was pouring with rain.

Water dripped from Neuvillete's hair as he looked down at you. You both looked pitiful.

"I see that you haven't taken everything well either."

"..."

You slowly stood up and shook your head.

"...no..."

"...."

The ground below you was completely frozen. You've clearly been out here for a while. Your skin was almost blue.

"I can't stop thinking about everything."

Your vision blurred as your voice broke.

"I-i can't remember. I can't remember anything! Her voice, her face, not even her own name..."

You looked up at Neuvillette as tears spewed out.

"My memories... They're all gone. I miss her. I wonder what she would think of me now....She probably hates me..."

"..."

A long moment of silence went by as you and Neuvillette stood face to face. It was clear that many things were going through your minds.

After a few more moments, Neuvillette walked over the line, separating rain from snow.

Pulling you into a hug, Neuvillette muttered a few words.

"Cryo dragon, Cryo Dragon, don't cry."

-

A/N: Check out my new yandere book, FAKE! ☺️