3: ᴀ ꜱᴍᴀʟʟ ꜰᴀᴠᴏʀ

"That's a nice name..!"

Furina forced a smile on her face.

Rarely going out has really affected her social skills.

What else should she say to keep this conversation going?!

"Don't mind him! He doesn't talk much."

Aether waved his hand at Paimon, signaling her to not speak any more. She immediately got the message.

"Do you want to join us, Furina?"

Furina's attention immediately shifted to Aether.

"I can't. I have to bring these bags home before the groceries get cold."

Furina held up the grocery bags that she was carrying.

Even though it was only a few, you could tell that they were heavy.

"Aww, that's a shame! Well, we'll see you later, Furina!"

Paimon waved at Furina and flew away. Before you could follow, Aether put a hand on your shoulder and whispered in your ear.

"Walk her home."

"..."

Aether then lightly smacked your shoulder and followed Paimon.

You nodded, but deep inside, you just wanted to go home and sleep to replenish your energy...

-

It had been about five minutes since you agreed to walk Furina home, and you both have been left in a chilling silence since.

"..."

"..........."

"..........................."

"Uh... thanks for walking me home, but I can carry my groceries myself..."

You spaced out again.

Even though you were spaced out, you could still hear what she was saying.

You shook your head.

"So... are you an adventurer too?"

"No."

Furina then remembered what Paimon said earlier.

She remembered her saying that you were staying with Aether for a bit.

"Ah, are you perhaps Aether's butler?"

This seemed to catch your attention as you snapped out of your daze and looked at the white-haired female.

"Butler?"

"Yes! Was I wrong..?"

Furina nervously looked you in the eye, trying to see if she could find any sign of annoyance by her assumption, but once again, she was met with a blank stare.

"I guess so.."

'So I was right!'

Furina felt relieved that she didn't accidentally offend you, but she was still curious to what you meant when you said, "I guess so."

What did you mean by that? Were you being forced by Aether to work?

No, that couldn't be it.

Oh no. Did you say yes to her question even though it wasn't true?! Oh no...

Furina's thoughts conflicted with each other as you admired the streets of Fontaine.

The sun started to set as the sky turned into different shades of orange and yellow, making it such a beautiful sight to see.