(2)

"As you were previously informed, a research club with no real activities must forfeit its club room." He pushes his thick glasses up the bridge of his nose. "So vacate this room at once!" The student council president ordered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You shouldn't underestimate our members, president," the pink-haired boy said with a confident smile. Sasaki, the female upperclassman, gets up from her chair, grabs a piece of paper that appears to be a ledger, and slams it on the table.

"What is that?" the student council president asked in confusion. The other three students start to giggle mischievously.

"You know about our rugby field being closed off, right?" the short-haired girl with glasses spoke up.

The president nods his head. "Yes. Some of the students who fell ill were hospitalized," he replied.

"Don't you think that's strange? We're talking about rough rugby players here." Sasaki says, crossing her arms. "Truth is, the players said they started hearing..." she pauses, her eyes darting from side to side as she lowers her voice to a whisper. "...mysterious sounds and voices right before they fell ill." Sasaki grabs the ledger and holds it up in front of the council president.

"That's when we found this newspaper article from thirty years ago." She points at a picture of a man with unkempt hair and stubble. The photo looked old and worn. "It talks about the disappearance of Mr. Yoshida, who worked with the construction company." Sasaki moves her finger to a different part of the article, pointing at an italicized text in bold. "It mentions he was last sighted here at Sugisawa Third High School during construction."

The student council president tilts his head to the side, listening carefully. He looked as if he were slightly intrigued.

"Mr. Yoshida was struggling to make ends meet, so he turned to loan sharks, and those organizations were after him." Sasaki's eyes started to glimmer with excitement, even though the topic was incredibly morbid. "Which means the whole disaster at the rugby field was caused by the vengeful spirit of Mr. Yoshida!" she concludes proudly.

"No, it was caused by ticks," the student council president retorted, shaking his head in disappointment. "Hard ticks. A large, blood-sucking bug," he pushes his glasses up again. "If one bites you and infects you with SFTS, it can be fatal, so be careful."

"So what? The occult club is trying to uncover occult activity, so it's still a proper club activity report." Itadori responds.

"This isn't some kid's game!" the president yelled. "Besides, the biggest problem is you, Yuji Itadori!" He points an accusatory finger at the pink-haired male, who stares at him with a puzzled expression. "You're registered with track and field, not the occult club, so this club doesn't even have the three members required for any club!"

"Itadori..." Sasaki murmured lowly as a dark and threatening aura began to surround her. Yuji takes a step back, putting his hands up in the air defensively.

"No, no, wait! I know I wrote down the occult club!" Itadori babbled as he closed his eyes, and braced himself to receive a lecture from Sasaki.

"I rewrote it!" Another person said as they burst into the room. The student council president and the three other students turn around and see...

"The track and field coach, Takagi!" Itadori squealed in shock. 

Wait a minute... Why would the track and field coach change his club application form?

"Itadori, we need you so that we can conquer the nationals!" the coach proclaimed loudly as he grabbed Itadori's shoulders, shaking the poor boy back and forth aggressively.