(9)

"Is there anyone else that is stronger than Sukuna?"

"Other than me? Well, I guess there was, but that person is dead now. Has been, for a very long time."

"Who?"

"A god."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wait, a god? What god-" Itadori tries to ask Gojo another question, but is interrupted by the sorcerer's sudden shoving.

"Oh wow! Well, would you look at that? We're at the principal's office now! How time flies so fast." Gojo gently pushes Itadori into a building where there is barely any light, except for two columns of candles aligned to light up a path.

Up ahead, a man was sitting on the floor with his legs criss-crossed, knitting what appeared to be... a doll? He was surrounded by multiple other plush dolls! The man had somewhat tanned skin; he had brown hair styled as an undercut; he wore black, rectangular-shaped sunglasses; and he had a goatee. He was older than Gojo.

"You're late, Satoru." The older man spoke deeply, not bothering to look up since he already knew that Gojo and Itadori were there. "Eight minutes late," he added. "Not enough to chastise you for, but I know I told you to fix your habit of being late."

'That old dude's making cute things!' The pink-haired boy gasps audibly.

"If it's not enough to chastise me for, then don't chastise me." The blindfolded man scoffed. "You're just making dolls anyway. What's a measly eight minutes?" Gojo turns his head, facing Yuji. "That's Principal Yaga Masamichi." He says to the pink-haired boy while pointing at the older man up ahead of them.

"That's the boy?" The principal asks, looking up at Itadori.

"I'm Itadori Yuji, sir!" Yuji shouted as he bowed at a perfect ninety-degree angle. "I'm into girls like Jennifer Lawrence! A pleasure to meet you!"

"What did you come here for?" The man with sunglasses questioned, eyeing down the pink-haired boy.

"An interview," Yuji replied calmly.

"But why Jujutsu Tech?"

"To learn jujutsu..?" Itadori responds with a bit of uncertainty in his voice.

"I mean beyond that." The principal explained. "What do you hope to find once you've studied curses and learned how to exorcise them?"

"Well, I mean.."The strawberry-blonde boy coughed nervously. "I'm going to collect the fingers of Sukuna. It's dangerous to leave them as is."

"Why?" Just how many questions was this old man going to ask? "People you'll never know die every day due to crimes, accidents, and diseases in the natural course of life."

"Here he goes again.." Gojo muttered lowly as he let out a pitiful sigh.

"But you're telling me you can't overlook it when a curse causes that death?" The principal's voice got louder as he held the needles in his hand with a death grip. 

"It was someone's dying wish." You shouldn't have said that, Itadori. "I don't care about the details; I just want to save people."

"A dying wish?" Yaga stands up, his tall figure casting a shadow over the younger male. "So you're saying you'll fight against curses because someone else told you to?" He takes a deep breath. "You fail."

Masamichi hovers his hand over one of the dolls that were next to him, activating it with his cursed energy. The doll had an eggshell as a hat, but it had the face of a bear. As the doll slowly woke up, it growled at Yuji.