(12)

'Who was the fox barking at..?' Mei wondered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The noirette shakes her head, trying to brush off the strange feeling of someone watching her. 'Maybe I'm just hallucinating.' She thought as she went to pick up the fox once again. The small creature happily jumps into Mei's arms, comfortable in her warm embrace. Mei looks down at the fox with a concerned expression, alarmed by how quickly its personality switches from hostile and vicious to loving and sweet.

'What a peculiar little fox...'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Gojo and Fushiguro were still sitting on the bench outside the abandoned building, waiting for Kugisaki and Itadori to finish.

"That Yuji... he's missing a few up here." Gojo says, pointing at his head and tapping it a few times. "He has no hesitation when it comes to killing these things that take the form of living creatures, albeit bizarre-looking ones, that try to kill him." He turns his head to look at the ravenette who is sitting beside him, recalling the events of Itadori mercilessly killing a curse with his bare hands. "And it's not like he's been familiar with curses for a long time, like you. This is a normal boy who used to live a normal high school life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nobara reaches the upper floor, entering a room filled with mannequins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You've seen plenty of jujutsu sorcerers, even those with talent, give up in frustration because they couldn't conquer their fear or disgust, have you?" Gojo asks Fushiguro, making the boy start thinking deeply to himself. "So today, I want to confirm how crazy she is."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nobara exhales sharply. "Hey, you, curse." She says, but no one responds. "I mean you, the mannequin in the center. You actually think you're hidden there?" The brunette pulls out a hammer with a heart-shaped indent on the top, and a handful of nails in between her fingers, preparing herself for battle. "If you won't come out, I'll just exorcise you there."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"But Kugisaki has experience, right?" Megumi asks the white-haired man. "A little late for that now, isn't it?"

"Curses are born from human minds, so their strength and numbers grow in proportion to the population."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kugisaki draws her hand back, infusing her nails with cursed energy and then slamming them towards the mannequin in the center of the room, using her hammer. Two nails hit the mannequin directly in the head, making the mannequin falter back while its pedestal falls to the ground.

"All right." Nobara mutters to herself, smirking confidently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you think Nobara understands that curses in Tokyo are on a different level than those in the countryside?" Gojo questioned the ravenette. "Curses are born from human minds, so their strength and numbers grow in proportion to the population. Curses in Tokyo are on a much different level than those in the countryside."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An eye appears on the mannequin's face, and soon, multiple other eyes appear on its head as the mannequin gets back up on its feet, while its joints make a disturbing, cracking-like sound.

"You might want to pull those out," Nobara says to the cursed mannequin, hoisting her hammer onto her right shoulder. She then snaps her fingers, and the nails go deeper into the mannequin's head. "or my cursed energy will flow into you."