Christmas Special!! 🎄🎁

The city of Tokyo was always bustling at night, especially during the holiday season. Many stores were now stocked with Christmas or winter-themed items, and crowds of people were storming in to buy presents.

Christmas was Mei's favorite holiday of the year, other than Valentine's Day. She loved seeing the bright lights, the piles of white snow covering the ground, and seeing people walking around the city with their loved ones, having a joyful time.

At the center of the city, there stood a very tall Christmas tree, along with a young couple in front of it.

The man got down on one knee while his girlfriend stood before him, letting out an audible gasp when she realized what he was about to do. Then, the man pulls out a red velvet box from his pocket, holding it out in front of the girl as he opens the box, revealing a beautiful diamond ring.

The girl covered her mouth in shock as tears began to roll down her cheeks.

The man smiled up at his girlfriend, proudly presenting the ring to her. "Baby, thank you so much for staying with me through thick and thin. You've always been there for me through dark times, and you've always stayed by my side, even when I tried to push you away. As a token of my gratitude and of my love, I want to ask you, Will you marry me?"

The girl pounced on her boyfriend, tackling him to the ground as she cried happily. "Yes!" She exclaimed, peppering kisses all over the man's face.

Kaminaga's heart swelled with joy as she watched the two lovers hold each other lovingly. She was happy for the newly engaged couple, but there was a sense of longing deep inside that happiness. It was barely noticeable, but it was still there.

Whenever Mei saw people with their beloved, she couldn't help but feel a bit of envy for those people. Many years have passed since the last time Mei celebrated Christmas, which was before her older sister and close friend died.

Ever since they passed away, Mei has never tried to spend Christmas with anyone again. Every year, she celebrates Christmas alone while grieving over the loss of her dear friend and sister.

Because the principal allowed everyone to head back home for winter break, Mei decided to go back home to her old house and spend her vacation there.

At her house, Mei was sitting down at the coffee table in the middle of her living room, wrapped up in blankets, as she was sipping a cup of hot cocoa, silently listening to the flames of the fireplace crackle and feeling the whole room fill up with warmth.

Although the living room felt so warm and cozy thanks to the fireplace, there was still a cold and somber feeling, lingering within the girl.

'I guess I'm spending Christmas alone again.' She sighs softly to herself before taking another sip of her hot cocoa. 'Even after many years, I still haven't gotten used to how quiet it is here. I am pitiful.'

Mei was expecting to celebrate Christmas alone this year just like always—that is, until she heard the doorbell ring. She turns to look at the front door, slightly surprised, but shrugs it off, assuming that it was a mistake.

...

The doorbell rings again, but this time obnoxiously fast and loud. The noirette gently places her mug of hot cocoa on the coffee table before reluctantly getting up from the floor, making her way to the front door as another sigh escapes from her lips.

When she unlocked the door and opened it, she was surprised to see eight familiar sorcerers standing right outside on her porch.

"Merry Christmas, Mei/Kaminaga!" They all shouted in unison.

Before Mei knew it, tears were already streaming down her cheeks. This concerned everyone. Why was Mei crying? Did somebody hurt her? Did she not want them here? What was going on?

"Is something wrong, Kaminaga?"

"Are you okay, Mei?"

"What seems to be the problem, my dear student?"

One after the other, they all pestered her with questions, each and every one of them worried about the girl's wellbeing.

She quickly shakes her head and wipes away the tears with the sleeve of her wool sweater, smiling happily.

"I'm fine; please don't worry about me." Kaminaga reassures them while they all exhale in relief.

"Then why were you crying?" The pink-haired boy asked the girl.

"It's just that... I didn't expect anyone to come visit or hang out with me on Christmas, since I've always celebrated it alone." The noirette sniffles, rubbing her stuffy nose with the end of her sleeve. "I'm really grateful, everyone. Truly. Thank you for being here."

The others look at each other with surprised looks before looking back at Mei with each of their own smiles.

Later on, Mei and the others celebrated the holiday with festive music, lights, decorations, drinks, food, and many other things.

Nanami was at the counter, scolding Gojo for digging into Mei's refrigerator and eating her leftovers without her permission; Megumi, Nobara, and Yuji were sitting under the Christmas Tree, trying to find out which gift was theirs; and the second-year students—Maki, Toge, and Panda—were also sitting at the kitchen counter, entertained by Nanami lecturing Gojo.

Laughter could be heard all around the house.

Her house wasn't empty.

Her house wasn't quiet.

Her house didn't have that gloomy atmosphere in it anymore.

Mei wasn't alone.

Instead, Mei was surrounded by all of her friends—the people she held dear to her heart.

'Is this what it feels like to have friends?' Kaminaga thought as a small smile slowly crept on her lips. Her heart was beating fast, and the boundless joy she felt was overwhelming. Another tear falls from her eye as she looks at her friends with that signature smile. "Thank you all so much."

They all look at her with soft smiles.

"Merry Christmas, Mei."

(Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas this year! I'm sorry if you didn't. :( Anyway, I just wanted to say, thank you all so much for reading my fic! I never expected people to actually read it. You don't know how much this means to me. I really appreciate all of you, and I'm so grateful for you guys <3 Sorry for the short special, I'm not really that good at using my imagination lolol. I'm also really sorry for not updating as much recently-- I said that I would give you guys a 1k special soon, but I didn't. I'm planning on writing it after I post the 12th chapter, which might take a while.. I'm so sorry for the wait TT. I hope you guys will have a wonderful Christmas, and thank you for reading 'She Shines Eternal!')