(4)

"They're going to die." Megumi finishes her sentence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At school, in the occult club room, Sasaki and Iguchi are sitting around a table with the cursed object in the center. They start to fiddle with the cursed object, picking at the seals. However, peeling off the old seal seemed like a struggle for Sasaki.

"I can't get it off," the girl with glasses grunted in annoyance.

"Did we really need to sneak in to do this?" Iguchi sighed as he got up from his chair, heading towards the light switch. "I'm turning the lights on." He reaches his hand for the light switch, but Sasaki quickly stops him.

"No!" She yelled. "The atmosphere is important," and she goes back to attempting to peel off the seal of the cursed object. "Enjoying the thrill is in the spirit of the occult club, right? It's not like anything is going to happen anyway."

Eventually, Sasaki manages to pick off part of the seal. "Oh, it came off!" She starts to unravel the seal, and then the seal becomes completely removed. The brunette marvels at the cursed object, which is now completely revealed. After some close examination, Sasaki notices that the cursed object looks exactly like...

"A human finger?" Iguchi questioned the girl while eyeing the object suspiciously.

"Is it real?" Sasaki brought the cursed object closer to her face to get a better look at it, when all of a sudden, the candle was extinguished. The club room was now entirely engulfed by darkness.

The two upperclass students yell in fear. Soon, a large explosion occurs, startling both of them. During the explosion, Sasaki accidentally drops the cursed object onto the seal. She immediately kneels down and grabs both the seal and the cursed object, holding them tightly in her small hands.

"What is this?" the short-haired girl asked no one in particular.

Suddenly, a curse crawls out of the ceiling, looming above Sasaki and Iguchi as its drool falls onto their heads. The curse lets out an inhuman noise as the two students look up at it, frightened for their lives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fushiguro, Kaminaga, and Itadori were currently on their way to the school. They were running as fast as they could, hoping to get there on time. Kaminaga was currently in the lead, with the two boys following shortly after her.

"Do talismans come off that easily?" The pink-haired boy asks curiously.

"No," the green-eyed male says, shaking his head. "It's impossible for people who lack cursed energy, normally."

"Go right, it's a shortcut!" Itadori yelled as Mei took a sharp right turn, still somehow ahead of him and Fushiguro.

"This time, the object itself is too strong. The seal is ancient; it might as well be a plain piece of paper now."

"I still don't get this stuff about curses."

Mei would have joined them in the conversation, but she didn't want to waste her breath running, and they had already made it to their destination, Yuji's school. They stopped right in front of the school gates. A dark, eerie aura surrounded the whole school building, and it reeked of cursed energy. It was strong.

Fushiguro whipped his head around to face Yuji. "Where are they?" he asked the pink-haired boy with a slightly aggressive tone. There was no time to be polite, and Fushiguro and Kaminaga knew that something was wrong when they saw the school building.

"The fourth floor-"

Right after Itadori gave the two sorcerers the location of his upperclassmen, Mei sped off to the building and swiftly jumped over the school gates, landing safely on the ground, and then immediately ran off inside. Megumi tries to run after her, but is abruptly stopped by Yuji.