(7)

"With that, allow me to say it once more." Gojo says to the pink-haired boy who was sitting across from him, tied down by ropes and seals. "You're being executed."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The recap and current events don't line up, though." Itadori said as a sweat drop rolled down his forehead.

"Hey! I did my best." Gojo pouted, puffing up his cheeks. Yuji cringed at the sight. "The execution is still on but I got your sentence suspended."

"Suspended?" The pink-haired boy inquired, his face going back to normal. "So you're not killing me right away?"

"Yup." The white-haired man says, popping the 'p.' "I'll explain from the top." Gojo reaches into his pocket and pulls out one of Sukuna's shriveled, wrinkly fingers. "This is the same as the cursed object you ate. There are twenty in total." He then points at himself with his thumb. "We possess six of them."

"Twenty?" Yuji blinked, confused, but then realizes what Gojo potentially meant. "Oh, each finger and toe?"

The strong sorcerer shakes his head, chuckling softly. "No, Sukuna has four arms." Gojo throws the finger into the air and attempts to eradicate the finger with his cursed energy, but fails miserably as the finger sinks into the wall, without any scratches. "As you can see, we can't destroy them." Satoru gets up from his chair and walks over to the wall, pulling out the cursed finger. "The curse is just that powerful."

"The curse grows stronger by the day, and the seals of modern-day jujutsu sorcerers can't keep up." He turns back around, facing Yuji. "That's where you come in!" Gojo points at Itadori with his index finger. "When you die, the curse inside you will die as well. Our elders are cowards, y'know." He exhales in annoyance, recalling the meeting with the higher-ups. "They're demanding we kill you right away." Yuji stiffens up in fear. "But that would be a waste, wouldn't it?"

"A waste?"

"There's no guarantee that another vessel capable of handling Sukuna will ever be born again." Gojo walks to the other side of the room, still holding onto the finger. "So, this is what I proposed: if we're going to kill you anyway, why not kill you after you've absorbed all of Sukuna?" Gojo pauses, breathing in sharply. "The higher-ups agreed. So now, you have two options before you."

"Either you can die right now, or you can find all the parts of Sukuna and die after you've absorbed them."

Itadori felt his heart drop to the pit of his stomach after hearing those words come out of Gojo's mouth. Was he really going to die either way? Was there no other option? What will he do?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later, at Sugisawa Hospital, Iguchi, one of Itadori's upperclassmen, was lying in a hospital bed unconscious, while his friend, Sasaki, sat next to him. Sasaki hears someone knocking on the door, and she saw Itadori peeking through.

"Itadori." The brunette spoke quietly as she watched the pink-haired boy walk into the room.

"How's Iguchi-senpai doing?" Yuji asked as he stood at the end of Iguchi's hospital bed, holding onto the bar.

"The doctors say he's fine, but he hasn't regained consciousness." Sasaki said as she lowered her head down in shame, clutching onto the hem of her skirt tightly. Before Sasaki knew it, tears began to drop onto the back of her hands. "It's all my fault." She cried softly. "If I hadn't asked him to come to the school that night," Sasaki starts to cry. "I know you won't believe this, but this weird monster attacked us, and I was captured too."

"I believe you." Itadori suddenly responds, making Sasaki perk up in surprise. "Those weren't monsters, they were curses." He began to explain. "That finger was a special-grade cursed object. It had the power to draw other curses to it and make them stronger, so it wasn't your fault." Itadori's grip on the bar tightened as he bit back some of his own tears. "It was mine for picking it up, sorry. It'll be alright though." He lets go of the hospital bed and starts to walk away. "Someone capable of fixing Iguchi-senpai will be here tomorrow."