(5)

Itadori slowly got up from the floor, which was littered with glass shards, while dusting himself off casually. "I think you had a proper death, Grandpa. But..!" he punches the top of the curse, distracting it as he snatches Sasaki and Iguchi from its grasp, along with the cursed object. "But this death is wrong!" He declared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Itadori carefully placed Sasaki and Iguchi on the floor, making sure not to hurt them further than they already were, while Fushiguro and Kaminaga stared at the pink-haired boy in astonishment. After laying his two upperclassmen on the ground, Yuji looked back up at the curse he just punched. He didn't seem to be fazed by it at all; his facial expression remained neutral.

"So this is a curse? Not what I was expecting." Itadori says coolly, showing no signs of fear, even though he's standing in front of something that could potentially kill him.

All of a sudden, the two sorcerers and Yuji hear a low rumbling sound coming from the curse, and then it explodes, splattering its remains all over. Fushiguro's demon dogs run towards the curse and start to eat what's left of it. Now that the curse was dead, Mei was finally able to put her sword away. She throws her tachi into the air, allowing it to disintegrate into nothing.

Mei turns her head to face the pink-haired boy and gives him a small, grateful smile. "Thank you, Itadori! You were impressive back there."

Itadori awkwardly scratches the back of his neck, returning a large smile of his own. "It's no problem, really. I couldn't just stand around doing nothing." Itadori may be looking calm on the outside, but on the inside, he was a mess. 'Is this a dream? Did a pretty girl really just compliment me? I must be dreaming. No, in heaven! Thank you, gods, for sending such an angel...'

Fushiguro glances away from Mei and Yuji, slightly sulking as he crosses his arms. Was he jealous? "Hmph. I want to ask what you're doing here, but good job." He said with an irritated expression on his face.

"Don't worry, Fushiguro. You did a really great job fighting the curse too." Mei chuckled softly while gently patting Megumi on the shoulder.

"Why so haughty?" Yuji pouts as he shoves his hands into his pockets. Munch, munch, munch. Itadori looks over to his right and notices two dogs—one white, one black—eating parts of the curse that they just killed. The two dogs each had a red symbol on their forehead. "By the way," the pink-haired boy points at the animals. "what's that munching on the curse?"

"My shikigami." Megumi answered. "You can see them, then?" He raises an eyebrow at Itadori. "Normally, a curse can't be seen. Not unless you're on the verge of death or in special places like this."

"Have you ever seen a curse before today, Itadori?" Kaminaga asked, taking a small step closer to the Yuji.

"No, I've never seen a ghost or anything before tonight." He replied, shaking his head.

"You're not scared, are you?" Fushiguro teased the pink-haired male.

"Well, I was scared for a bit." Itadori responds honestly. "But did you know? People really can die."

"Huh?" Megumi mumbled in confusion.

"So I at least want the people I know to have proper deaths, not that I really get it myself." Itadori says while scooping Sasaki up into his arms.

"That's really amazing, Itadori!" Mei says, her eyes sparkling with admiration. "It's good to have such strong motivation."

As Itadori stood up with Sasaki in his arms, the talisman fell from her skirt, landing on the floor with a thud.