4: Diagon Alley

Chapter 4: Diagon alley

"Are you ready?" Snape asked Lucy, looking her up and down and making sure she looked 'muggle-ish

"Are you ready?" Snape asked Lucy, looking her up and down and making sure she looked 'muggle-ish.'

"Yes sir," Lucy said with excitment

"Now Lucy we are going to apparate, and apparating is how wizards get around, but you have to be of a certain age to apparate and that age is seventeen so you will have a little while before you'll be able to apparate on your own."

"You have a lot of funny words you wizards," Lucy laughed. Snape raised his eyebrow and it silenced her.

"They may seem unusual to you now but just wait until you've entered the wizarding world, they'll be natural to you," Snape paused for a minute, waiting for Lucy to ask any questions like she usually did. She was silent and he held out his arm to her. "Take hold of my arm."

Lucy took hold of it nervously and braced herself for what she was about to experience.

It was just as well she did.

One moment she felt both her feet placed firmly on the ground and the next she was being whisked through what felt like a small tube that had hardly any air. Then she felt the space around her stop spinning and her knees gave way as she hit the ground.

Lucy looked up and saw Snape standing over her. She looked up at him with shame, what must she look like to him? But Snape didn't seem to mind, he held out a hand and Lucy took it, he helped her up and she muttered her thanks.

"You're welcome," Snape replied.

Lucy felt her knees sting a little and looked down to see that her leg was bleeding because of the gravel that had buried itself in the flesh. She pretended it wasn't there but Snape was quick to notice and he pulled out his wand.

she had landed on but didn't dare mention it to Snape. But luckily he had already noticed. He pulled out his wand and Lucy gasped

"It's alright," he raised his free hand in surrender. "I'm not going to attack you, I'm going to heal you."

And he did. No words left his lips but the skin on her knees began to repair. She was lost for words that she couldn't even say her thanks again. Even if she had attempted to Snape wouldn't have heard as he was always walking down the alley way they had arrived in.

"Where are we?" Lucy wondered as she looked around her while simultaneously trying to keep up with Snape's long strides. "Sir?"

"London." His voice was sharp but tried to be as placid as he could with his next words. "Muggles can't see where we're going next though."

"Muggles..." Lucy breathed but felt like she'd run out on her question limit today, so followed in silence.

They found themselves in a street packed with muggles dashing about here and there. Snape didn't stop in hesitation like Lucy did; she wasn't used to big crowds.