14: The tale of the knights

Chapter 14: The tale of the knights

The next day, fourth lesson, Lucy waited patiently outside the History of magic classroom waiting for Shona who most probably was hiding in their previous lesson Defense against the dark arts. Lucy couldn't understand why because there was a rumour going round that they were learning something really fun today. (But it was hard to believe as History of magic was always so boring) 

Some people had said that Professor Binns only taught this subject when he could remember it and as he was a ghost and knew a lot he sometimes forgot and he hadn't taught this in a while. Lucy kept trying to guess what the subject was but she couldn't think of anything. 

When Shona had finally arrived Lucy waved at her. She grunted and leant against the wall and shoved her hands in her pockets and stared at the opposite wall, her blue eyes boring into it like Snape's dark eyes would bore into the prophet. 

"Why so sad, Shona?" Lucy teased 

"We've got History of magic, do you expect me to start skipping down hallways and throwing some sort of rave?!" Shona demanded but Lucy still found Shona's mood rather funny 

"We're learning something new today! It's supposed to be fun!" 

"Lucy, last time I looked under the definition fun History of magic was not there in the dictionary" 

"Shona, when have you ever looked in a dictionary?" 

"Um...Good point" 

Suddenly the door swung open and the students flooded in. Shona took a seat next to Lucy, as always, and everyone took out all the equipment and waited for Professor Binns whom was due to fly through the blackboard any minute now. 

"Put your things away..." Professor Binns groaned as he floated through the blackboard. Everyone put their things away but Lucy left her quill, ink and parchment out as she was desperate to take notes.

"What's this 'exciting' subject we're learning about, Professor?" Shona moaned

"Today" Binns yawned, "we will be learning about knights" 

There were mutters and gasps around the classroom. Lucy looked at Shona confused but Shona was too eager to pay attention to Lucy's confused looks. She gingerly stuck up her hand and Professor Binns nodded at her. 

"Yes, Miss McGuire?" 

"Are knights those awesome dudes who chop people's heads off?" Shona grinned imagining a group of knights destroying a town, a town full of her enemies. 

"Close, but they weren't nice. They almost wiped out the wizarding population completely and of course there we be no more of us" 

Everyone was on the edge of their seat listening to Binns who, for once, wasn't droaning on about something that was completely not important but very, very important information. 

"What happened?" Lucy asked eagerly 

"Good question, Miss Snape, what did happen? Well history shows us that there were once a group of knights - " 

"Duh" Shona muttered

" - On a place called the medieval islands. It's a myth as if the place even existed, or does, because not one wizard or witch has found them" 

"Where are they located?" Ron called out while Lucy furiously jotted down notes wishing that she didn't have to continuously dip her quill in ink. 

"They are supposed to be located in the atlantic ocean, very far away from here" Binns paused. "But getting back to the knights they only wanted one thing, now can anyone tell me what that was?" Hermione's hand didn't shoot up into the air, nor Lucy's. Instead Shona's.