12: Nimbus 2000

Chapter 12: Nimbus 2000

It was the day after Halloween. The troll, in which entered the castle on Halloween night and had been knocked out by Harry Potter and Ron Weasley in attempt to save their new best friend: Hermione Granger, had been removed from the castle. Yet, Quirrel was suspiciously quiet since the incident. 

The day was a cold yet silent one, the birds sung tunes to each other as though they were everyone's alarm clocks indicating that a new day had begun at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardy. 

The birds tunes could be heard from inside the hospital wing by Madam Pomfrey who even though enjoyed the tune hoped that it wouldn't wake two, and only, patients. 

Lucy and Severus Snape. 

If you looked down at them you would honestly think that an overgrown bat had saved innocent girl from danger. But that really wasn't the case, the girl with the long wavy brown hair had saved the man with the temper and as a result of the incident Snape had ended up in the hospital wing. 

Snape had planned to leave the hospital wing the night before but Lucy, accidentally, had fallen into a deep sleep and despite the fact he had wanted to wake her he couldn't. Also she actually looked happy in her sleep rather than scared, sad and lonely. 

As he was under the covers consuming heat he had made sure that, even though Lucy was next to him and outside of the covers, he had his arm around her, as though protecting her from everything and to keep her warm sharing a bit of his heat with her as it could get awfully cold in the night. Worse than it was now. 

As soon as the birds stopped singing Snape awoke. It was as though he was the three headed dog in which woke when the music stopped playing. 

Despite the fact he was desperate to get out of the bed and stretch his limbs because he had slept in the same position last night he couldn't. Because of Lucy. 

Because of Lucy. 

She was the reason he was here, she was the reason he was still alive and breathing. She was the reason all Snape's loneliness had gone. As it was Saturday the two of them wouldn't have to rush off and leave each other for a long period of time. Snape couldn't bring himself to leave Lucy for that long today even if he tried. 

Before long, when Snape was in deep thought , Lucy's eyes fluttered open revealing a pair of green eyes which sparkled in the morning light, they were full of their own magic. It was as though their colour had been brought back by Snape. 

Lucy noticed that Snape's arm was wrapped around her in a protective manor, she smiled then gave his arm a poke just to let him know she was there and had come back to the world from her deep sleep. He jumped slightly making Lucy laugh. 

"Morning" she said 

"Morning" he grumbled 

He slowly removed her arm from around her causing Lucy to shiver, she folded her arms trying desperately to save some of Snape's warmth. 

Neither of them said anything to each other even when they had arrived at the dungeons. It was as though nothing had ever happened. Snape made his way to his room to get into a fresh set of clothes, Lucy went into her room and got into something casual and just to make herself even more girly than she was she added a head band with a bow. 

Afterwards the two of them headed down to the great hall together where Lucy was almost immediately greeted by Oliver Wood. 

"Lucy! We need you down at the Quidditch pitch for training! The game is tomorrow!"