11: The Saviour

Chapter 11: The Saviour

Being her new friend and team captain, Oliver Wood walked Lucy back down to Hogwarts where they were greeted by Professors Snape and McGonagall in the entrance hall. McGonagall looked overjoyed and Snape looked rather confused.

"And there she is! Our new seeker!" McGonagall smiled, "I'm so glad she came to Quidditch practice! Whoever's brilliant idea was that, Wood?"

"I believe it was Fred and George's, Professor" Wood replied, he was still wearing his Quidditch uniform as well as Lucy. They had both just grabbed their bags and made their way up to the castle, "I believe with a bit of training Lucy will be the perfect seeker! We might actually win a game!"

"My goodness!, When is the first game?" McGonagall asked excitedly.

"I'm not sure but I'll have plenty of time to train Lucy!"

"And has she even agreed to this?" Snape interrupted raising an eyebrow at Wood.

"Yes, yes she has" Oliver nodded.

"Has the headmaster heard of this? Because I think you should ask him before you rush ahead"

"Alright, Professor McGonagall, could you ask Professor Dumbledore to if he's OK with it?"

"Don't you worry about that, Wood, I've already asked him and he says it's fine" McGonagall smiled, "well I better leave as I have things to be getting on with"

"I have too, I have to think of a new training program to suit everybody" Wood nodded then him and McGonagall made a swift exit.

Snape was suddenly worried, he didn't want Lucy to be on the Quidditch team as she could easily hurt herself, she wasn't strong enough. She had been only given a proper meal a couple of days ago. She'd need proper stamina. Snape thought that if a small gust of wind came along it would take Lucy with it.

"Are you sure you want to play as seeker?" Snape asked, his voice was still cold and he had to stop that when around Lucy. Their conversations were still small and awkward and he had to stop that too.

"I'm sure!, I mean Quidditch seems amazing!" Lucy replied as she pulled up her fingerless leather gloves which were way too big.

"But do you think you'll be alright?, Quidditch can be brutal and you're the youngest seeker I've seen"

"I'll be fine! Don't panic, it can't be that bad"

"Well, before you start playing you're going to need a Quidditch uniform that actually fits you and a broomstick"

"But I can't get that! I haven't any money!"

"But I do" Snape replied simply

"No, I refuse to let you buy me anything else! You're doing too much! You don't need to give me this much, I shouldn't have even accepted my Hogwarts things. In fact I should have never spoken to you, I'm causing you too much bother"

"I wish you would stop taking the blame for yourself, you assume that you're always the cause of everything, why?"

"Why?" Lucy replied, "I was made to think so and I've just gone with it ever since"

"Who would do that?"

"My parents"

Snape didn't reply. He couldn't take any more small talk or simple words. It wasn't going anywhere, he took Lucy's wrist and dragged her down to the dungeons despite her questions and tugs to get him off of her wrist. When they arrived he ordered her to sit on a chair in his so called 'living room' and she did, he sat opposite her and began questioning her as though she was in a game show.