Chapter 4

A few drinks later Hailee came stumbling outside and as she tried to sit down she almost fell over but Alex quickly caught her. "Okay o think that's enough for you." Alex said grabbing the drink out of her hand and pouring it out in the grass. Alex put her arm around Hailee as she called Roger over. "Come one Roger time to go back inside." Alex said helping Hailee up the steps. "There you go one step at a time."

Even though there is only two.

Alex thought making herself chuckle. "What are you laughing at did I do something funny like this?" Hailee said throwing her head back making Alex almost drop her. "Nope come on Hailee there is literally two steps you just have to make it up them. Roger ran up to the door and sat down next to it and a small impatient whine came out of him. "I know boy this is taking a little longer than I thought." Roger barked at her then ran behind Hailee and pushed the back of her legs making her laugh. "Oh Roger you're so funny." Alex finally hoisted her up the last step then made their way to the door. "No I don't wanna go." Hailee said slurring her words and turning around getting out of Alex's grip. Alex grabbed Hailee by the waist gently pulling her along as she whined. They opened the door and Roger hesitantly went inside followed by Hailee and Alex. As Alex was just about to open the front door she was stopped by her friend Tracy with Lizzie behind her. "What are you doing?" Tracy said also slurring her words. "Tracy I need to take her home she is clearly not doing to well." Alex said keeping her hands on Hailee's hips as Hailee kept trying to go back to the kitchen to get another drink. "No you have to stay." Lizzie said slurring her words but it was barely noticeable. "Guys I really can't I have a problem." Alex said looking at Hailee. Tracy looked from Alex to Hailee then back to Alex. "Oh I see what you're doing here. Well in that case go have fun." Tracy said winking at Alex. Alex was going to correct her but just decided to go with it to get Hailee out of the house quicker. Alex helped her walk through all the cars and they finally made it to her truck.

She picked Hailee up bridal style and put her in the truck. Alex quickly closed her door and jogged over to the other side opening her door. She jumped in and started her truck feeling her pockets making sure she had everything. She felt everything but her phone then she quickly remembered setting her phone down on the stairs next to her. Alex took a deep breath, "Stay here... please. I will be right back." Hailee nodded as she tapped her hands on the dash in front of her. Alex ran back inside and quickly maneuvered her way through all the drunk people. She quickly opened the door and saw her phone on the steps right where she left it. She went and picked it up heading back inside, but just before she got to the front door a man got in her face and grabbed her hips. Alex pushed him off of her, "Oh come on baby don't be like that." Alex scrunched up her nose as she smelled his breath which reeked of alcohol. She shoved him again then made her way to the door quickly opening it then closing it behind her and taking a deep breath. She hurried over to her truck and opened her door to find Hailee in the drivers seat passed out. Alex rubbed the corners of her eyes with her fingers. She snaked her arm under Hailee's knees then slipped one behind her back as she opened the back door and sat Hailee down in the back seat. Hailee rested her head against the headrest as Alex closed the door then hopped into the drivers seat backing up and driving back to Hailee's house. She took a deep breath then she turned up the radio to cover up the uncomfortable silence. One of her favorite songs came on as "Reckless" by Madison Beer started playing and Alex sang along.

They quickly reached Hailee's house and Alex jumped out opening the back door putting her hand on Hailee's legs trying to shake her awake. After a few more tries Hailee woke up and looked down at Alex with a lopsided smile. "Where's your house key?" Alex asked being serious. "I'm not giving my house key to a stranger." Hailee said pulling her hands to her chest. "Ok that's fair but what are we going to do with you?" Alex asked out loud as Hailee started playing the drums on her head. "Well looks like you're coming home with me." Alex said as Hailee ran her hand down Alex's face until she put one finger over her lips telling Alex to shush. Alex nodded then backed up and closed the door. Alex's back was starting to hurt from how many times she has had to climb into her truck in one night. She back up and headed towards her house with Hailee singing along to the radio not really knowing the words of whatever song was on.

They pulled into Alex's driveway and Alex hopped out and opened the back door grabbing Hailee and carrying her to the front door. "Wow how nice." Hailee said booping Alex's nose. Alex set her down in front of the door then rushed back and closed the truck door the locked it with her keys. She walked up to the front door and unlocked it with her keys. She opened the door letting Hailee in. As soon as Hailee got through the door Alex closed it locking it then taking a deep breath. "This doesn't look like my house?" Hailee said looking around questionably. Alex grabbed her waist again leading her to Alex's bedroom. Hailee quickly turned around facing Alex making her breath hitch as their lips almost graced each other. "Kiss me" Hailee said leaning in. Alex turned Hailee back around, "Yeah firecracker, I don't think that's such a good idea I don't want you to regret it later." Alex said walking into the bedroom then setting her keys down on the nightstand and walked over to her drawer and pulled out an oversized T-shirt. "Do you want shorts?" Alex asked turning around and looking at Hailee. Hailee shook her head side to side then Alex threw the shirt at her then grabbed a pair of Shorts and a white tank top for herself. Alex pointed to the shirt, "Change." Alex said sternly. Hailee nodded. "I will be back soon with water. Alex left the room and closed the door letting Hailee change.

Alex walked over to a cupboard and opened it pulling out a glass cup but quickly put it back and grabbed the plastic one instead just in case. She filled it with some ice then filled it with water and walked back towards her room. She opened the door and saw Hailee covered up in her bed sound asleep. Alex set the cup down on the nightstand then hurried back to the kitchen and grabbed a bowl for Hailee to vomit into just in case. Alex set it next to the bed then looked at Hailee who was sound asleep. "Goodnight" Alex said walking out of her room and into the living room. She closed her eyes for a second and went into the bathroom and opened the cupboard to the left of the sink and pulled out a bottle of medication. She popped two pills into her mouth and filled her hand with water splashing it into her mouth and quickly swallowing it along with the pills. She put the bottle back then brushed her teeth and took off her makeup and quickly changed into her shorts and tank top. Putting her clothes into her clothes hamper which was overfilling.

Jeez I really need to do laundry.
Alex thought looking at it.

Alex exited the laundry room and laid down on the couch using a decorative pillow to sleep on and a decorative blanket to cover up with. Alex put in both her AirPods and turned on some random music and first was "Wrong Direction" by Hailee Steinfeld. Alex slowly drifted off the sleep listening to the sad song.