Chapter 29

Alex swallowed hard as she got done washing the plate as she set it back in its original place. She turned around being met with those hazel eyes staring at her almost as if she was studying her. Alex swallowed hard again as she quickly glanced down feeling her cheeks slightly start to get red. "I'm not" she cleared her throat pausing. "I wasn't trying to tell you what to do. I just hope you don't think you made a mistake." I said sighing. Hailee furrowed her eyebrows at her. "And why would I have made a mistake?" Alex stayed quiet for a moment trying to think of the best way to answer her question. "By realizing you were more happy with him than you were me." She kept her eyes on the ground as she fiddled with her fingers. Hailee walked over to her as she placed her finger under her chin. "I don't think that will happen." She said pecking her lips. Alex smiled as Hailee placed her arms around Alex's neck. Alex's smile grew as she slinked her arms around Hailee's waist. "Can I take you on a date?" Alex asked looking at her beautiful hazel eyes. Hailee smiled as she looked back at Alex with a look that Alex could not quite place. "I would love that." She chuckled pecking at her lips again as they stayed tangled in each other's arms.

"You almost ready?" Alex called out to Hailee from the bedroom. "Almost" Alex heard her say back as she chuckled. She slipped into loose white button down with some loose black slacks. She ran her hand through her hair deciding it looked fine down. She walked out of her bedroom as she leaned against the bathroom door finding Hailee finishing up her makeup. She let her eyes wander as she looked Hailee up and down. "Staring is rude you know." Alex looked back up hearing Hailee's words making her smile. "Well how can I not stare?" I asked teasingly as Hailee's face got a little red. Hailee ignored her question as she put her makeup away. She then pushed past her going back to Alex's bedroom. Alex followed her in there curious as to what she was doing. She saw Hailee walk over to her dresser as she grabbed a bottle of perfume before smelling it. After deciding she liked it she sprayed it on herself. Alex sniffed as the smell of the perfume filled the air making it smell good. "Oooo I didn't even know I had that." Alex said with a small grin.

Hailee giggled as she put the perfume back down walking up to Alex getting a little closer than Alex thought she would. "Ready now?" Alex asked trying to dismiss their closeness. "Yup" Hailee said with a smile making Alex grin. Alex gently grabbed Hailee's hand leading her to the car as she opened her truck door for her. She got in with a smile. Alex quickly made her way over to the drivers side as she got in starting the truck.

Alex drove off heading to the restaurant. "So are you going to tell me where we are going?" Hailee asked with a small smile. "Hmmmm no." I said smirking as I kept my eyes on the road. Alex saw Hailee roll her eyes out of the corner of her eye as she slightly chuckled.

Alex parked in the parking lot as they pulled up to the restaurant. "Ihop?" Hailee questioned. "Well you did say you loved breakfast food." Alex said thinking back to the morning after Tracy's party with a slight grin. Hailee nodded as she smiled "You remember that." "Of course." Alex said with a smile. Alex got out quickly going over to Hailee's side as she opened the door. Hailee smiled as she got out of the truck.

They both walked into the restaurant as they both walked up to the front counter. The waitress looked at her for a moment "Yes?" She asked. Alex stayed silent for a moment as she had really had anxiety when it came to public speaking and for some reason at restaurants it became ten times worse. "Table for two." Hailee spoke up slightly eyeing Alex. The women smiled before walking out from behind the counter grabbing two menus "Right this way." She said as Alex and Hailee followed her.

They both sat down as the woman handed them the menus before walking away. "What are you going to get?" Alex asked looking at her. "Probably just scrambled eggs and pancakes." She said glancing at the menu. Alex nodded as she decided on what she wants. "What about You?" Hailee questioned. "Probably what you got but throw in some bacon." Alex said setting down the menu with a small smile.

   A waitress came over with a smile as she got out a little notebook and a pen. Hailee said what she wanted to drink then eat as Alex did to but with a slight stutter.

   Alex face got slightly red after the waitress walked away. Hailee grinned at her for a second before deciding just not to say anything to make the matter more embarrassing for her. Alex clasped her hands together on the table as she slightly looked around. Hailee still grinned at her before also looking away. "How's your brother?" She asked turning her eyes to Hailee. Hailee nodded looking back a her "He's good. Won another race." She said with a smile "That's good. He deserves that." Alex said looking down at her hands again hands as she twiddled her thumbs.

   Alex slightly adjusted her loose shirt "Do you have any siblings?" Hailee asked keeping her eyes on her. She slightly shook her head. "Um my older sister died when I was 14 so...." She said letting her voice trail off. Hailee kept her gaze on her as her smile slightly faded. "I'm sorry." She said as Alex shook her head again "It was I long time ago." She said looking back up at her now. Hailee nodded her head before the food finally came out.

   The waitress gave us our food "Enjoy" she said with a smile before she walked off to go help other people. Alex looked down at her food with a small smile before picking up her fork as she began to eat. As the food went into her mouth she let out a small sigh from how good it was. How the pancakes melted in her mouth, how the bacon was just the right amount of crispy, and how the eggs were perfectly cooked with a lot of flavor. Alex felt the food go down her throat as she looked up at Hailee "Is it good?" She asked looking at Hailee. Hailee nodded as she took another bite "Delicious" she said with a grin. Alex admired her for a second before looking back down at her food taking another bite.

   "I'll pay" Alex said getting out her wallet. "No it's okay." Hailee said also getting her purse out. "Hailee really I got it." Alex said reaching for the check. Hailee reached for the check at the same time as both their hands touched. Alex's stomach went wild with butterflies as she felt her soft skin against her own. "I got it." Alex said snapping out of her small trance as she gently took the check from Hailee. Hailee let out a small sigh before accepting the fact that Alex was paying. "But I got it next time." Hailee spoke keeping a grin. "No I do." Alex said giving the check to the waitress.

   Hailee slightly tilted her head "You can't pay every time." Alex looked back at her as she furrowed her eyebrows. "Oh really? I think I can." She said teasingly with a small grin. Hailee rolled her eyes again "I get to pay next time." "Nope" She said as the waitress brought her card back before telling them to have a good night. Alex thanked her as they both stood up. "You ready?" Alex asked "For what?" Hailee asked back. "Well for the next surprise of course." Alex said with a smile.

  (I'm sorry for making their date a bit of a disappointment and I'm sorry for not updating last week. I am pretty exhausted right now so like I said I'm sorry for not writing as well. But I still hope you somewhat enjoyed it.) :)