Chapter 18

Hailee rolled over facing Alex in the bed now. "Hey what was that for?" "Well I'm still tired and you left last time so I am going to make sure that doesn't happen this time." Alex said keeping Hailee's hand in her own. "Alex don't you have class today." She said as she started giggling. "No in fact I don't it's actually Saturday." Alex said trying to be all professional but still with a small smile. Hailee giggled rolled over putting her back up against Alex's stomach. Alex wrapped her arms around Hailee taking in all of her body heat. Alex put her head on the back of her neck closing her eyes. Suddenly there was a knock on her door forcing them apart. Hailee got up speed walking to the door. Alex got up as fast as she could and started hobbling after her. Hailee opened the front door first as Alex came up behind her resting her hand on her shoulder to keep her balance. Alex looked at the door and saw a dark haired woman with green eyes like her own. She had a formal red blouse on as she showed a fake smile as her eyes flicked between Hailee and Alex. Alex stared at the woman who stood at the door which was her mother. Her mother has been wanting to meet up ever since Alex and Hailee have became friends but Alex has always put her off. Her mother must have gotten tired of it and finally just showed up with no invite. "May I come in?" Her mom asked taking a small step toward. Hailee went to move but Alex gripped her shoulder harder keeping her in place. Hailee looked over at Alex as Alex burned a hole into her mother. "What do you want mom?" Alex questioned. "Oh honey I just wanted to talk. You know catch up." Hailee's eyes got wide as she looked from Alex to Alex's mom. "Mom what are you really here for?" "Fine I heard about everything with Braden and I was just coming over to check on you." Her mom said keeping that irritating smile on her face. "Well here I am fine, so you can leave." Hailee looked over at Alex with shock seeing how she talked to her own mother. "Alex please." Hailee said stepping to the side with just a little bit of force but enough to make Alex stumble over a little bit. "Please come in." Her mother smiled as a little preppy sound came out of her mouth making Alex roll her eyes.

Her mother quickly made herself at home by plopping down on the couch. Hailee forced Alex over to the couch as she sat between Alex and her mother. "So Mrs. ......" Hailee trailed off unsure what to say next. "West and not Mrs. anymore since my husband died." Her mother said bluntly as she crossed her legs making herself comfortable. A face of sorry came over Hailee as she looked over at Alex then back at Alex's mother. "I'm so sorry" "Oh don't worry about I'm sad he's gone but that was a long time ago." Alex rolled her eyes as her mother played out her little sob story with fake tears and everything it may as well of been a two in one deal when she got out her own tissue to wipe the "tears". "Would you like me to get something for you Ms. West?" Hailee asked looking concerned as she quite literally fell into Alex's mother's trap. "Yes, thank you dear, may I have a cup of sweet tea?" "Of course." Hailee instantly got up going to the kitchen to go make the tea. Alex's eyes went to her mother as she smiled back at her. "What are you really here for mom?" Alex whispered not wanting Hailee to hear from the other room. "Of all people you should know why." Her mom said chuckling a little bit. Alex readjusted her body sitting up straighter at her mothers words. "No mom. Not her." "Oh sweetheart I will do that talking you just keep your mouth shut." Her mom said keeping a tight lip smile on her face. "No mom." Alex said more sternly finally getting that stupid smile off her face as she looked at Alex. "Alex I am your mother you can't talk to me like that." The conversation was getting louder and louder by every word that Alex knew Hailee was probably in the other room listening meaning she had to choose her words very carefully. She brought her tone back down, "Mom I don't think that is a good idea especially not right now." "Oh Alex please!" Her mother practically yelled.

Welp there goes me trying to be quiet

Alex thought as her mother yelled. "I can do whatever I want because I am your mother and I have rule over you." Alex felt the blood in her veins boil when she heard her mother's words. She stood up as hateful wirds started flowing out of her mouth. "How can you say that! I am an adult who lives in my own home and pays for my own things and you can't just waltz in here and act like you own the place! I will not let you treat me like you treated dad," Her mother gasped as those words slipped out of Alex's mouth without even thinking, but she kept going thinking nothing of it at the moment, "How can you be so selfish that when dad died you didn't even cry at the funeral. Oh and all those nights of me laying in bed listening to you yell at him for what seemed like hours! I cried for days never knowing what you were yelling about so I automatically assumed it was me, that I was the problem! You only used dad for money and I will not just sit here while you try to get it out of me and my friends especially Hailee!" Alex started getting really light headed as the room started spinning, She felt so nauseous like she was about to throw up, at this point she wanted to crawl in a hole and never come out. She felt her knees buckle under her as she collapsed to the ground. Feeling it hit her back then her head lightly thumped the wooden floor making it start pounding. Her heart stared beating faster like it had when Braden had come home when Hailee was here. Alex started to panic she felt like she couldn't move, even her vision was a blurry mess and her hearing wasn't any better. She saw two figures rush to her side then one quickly got up rushing away. Her blurry vision started going darker as her eyelids collapsed over her eyes from fatigue. She felt like she hadn't slept in weeks, she didn't want to move or speak, it took all of her power just to form thoughts in her head. Suddenly the other figure rushed back to her side with something in her hand held up to her ear. But before Alex could really get a good look at it the drowsiness overcame her as she shut her eyes.

Alex woke up in the hospital once more. She looked around only feeling like the events from before were just a fever dream. She looked over at the beeping monitor once more as it beeped accordingly. The only thing that was different was that she was still in her clothes from before. Her sleeves were rolled up showing the IV in her arm as it pumped medicine. Alex took a deep breath taking another look around. Alex saw her phone on a table right next to her bed but as she went to grab it she quickly realized that her arms didn't move.