Chapter 28

Alex sighed as she finished her story. Hailee was now sitting on her bed next to her. Tears threatened to spill over Alex's eyes many times during her story telling but she refused to let it happen. There was so much pain when it happened before and she refused to go through that again so she bottled it up and was not letting it out anytime soon. Alex looked down for a moment "Alex" she heard Hailee softly say her name making her slightly look up meeting her eyes. Hailee reached over and gently grabbed her hand slightly squeezing it. Alex closed her eyes feeling the sensation of their skin to skin contact run throughout her body. "I'm sorry I-" "Don't ever apologize." Hailee said cutting Alex off. Alex nodded still trying to focus on not letting tears stream down her face. She felt Hailee's arms wrap around her pulling her close to her as Alex laid her head against her chest. The tears finally came spilling out as Hailee hugged her.

    Alex let out quiet sobs as Hailee rubbed her back gently and whispered into her ear. Alex couldn't really hear what she was saying all she could hear was the soft sound of her voice reaching her ear. Alex let her hands now slide around Hailee hugging her back as she cried.

   A few minutes later when Alex had finally gotten control of herself again she brought her head up from Hailee's chest. She didn't realize how close they were until now as she felt Hailee's hot breath on her own lips. She slightly shivered as she subtly bit her lip. She heard Hailee's breath start to get uneven now as she glanced down at Alex's lips. Every part of Alex wanted to give in right now but Hailee had a boyfriend and a happy life with him. Alex didn't want to mess Hailee's whole life up just because she couldn't get over some silly feelings.

   Suddenly Hailee's lips on hers made Alex come back out of her thoughts. Their breaths already were uneven but now they grew heavier as their lips made contact. Alex slightly pulled away as she rested her forehead on Hailee's forehead still breathing hard. "Hailee-" Alex was cut off by Hailee's lips back on hers making a sound come out of her throat. Hailee kissed her with more intensity as she licked Alex's bottom lip practically begging for an entrance. Alex quickly accepted as she slightly opened her mouth feeling Hailee's tongue collide with hers. Hailee put both her hands on Alex shoulders as she put one leg on each side of her straddling her. A million thoughts were running through Alex's mind as their mouths were still on each other. The feeling of Hailee's hands on her shoulders made her want to feel more. Alex placed both her hands on Hailee's sides slightly rubbing circles into her hips. Hailee slightly moaned against Alex's lips making a slight smirk come onto her face. Hailee ran her hand down to her chest before gently pushing on Alex making their lips part as her back fell onto the bed. Hailee stood up as Alex stared at her following her every movements. Hailee slowly took her shirt off exposing her soft skin. Alex stood up now pressing her body against Hailee's as she kissed her. Alex ended up pushing her against the wall and sliding a knee between her legs. Hailee slightly threw her head back at this feeling giving Alex a chance to go down to her neck. Alex slowly kissed down her jawline and to her neck. Another noise came out of Hailee making Alex start to run her hands along her sides.

   Suddenly the front door opened making Alex quickly jump off Hailee. "Alex?" She heard Lizzie call from the living room. Alex's breath was still heavy and uneven as she looked over at Hailee who was also still shirtless. Alex searched for her shirt on the ground quickly before grabbing it and throwing it at her as she quickly sat on the bed. "In here." Alex said back as she casually laid down on the bed scrolling on her phone. She looked over at Hailee who barely got her shirt on in time as Lizzie walked in.

   A surprised look came over her face as she saw Hailee standing there. Lizzie looked back over at Alex with a confused look. "She was helping me write a song." I said casually as I still scrolled on my phone. "Ahhh" Lizzie said walking over to Alex as she leaned down and whispered in her ear. "Don't let her hurt you again." She before quickly leaning up "Um I brought some food if you want it." Alex swallowed hard as she thought about the words she had whispered.

   She knows. Crap she knows!

   My eyes nervously glanced around the room. "Um yeah thanks Lizzie." I said before she nodded quickly walking back out the front door as Alex heard her car start before driving off. Alex let a sigh she didn't know if it was from relief, anxiety, or who knows what else. She threw her phone over to the other side of the bed as she stood up heading to the kitchen.

  Maybe it was for the best that Lizzie walked in. I wouldn't want Hailee making a mistake with me anyways.

   Alex thought as she rummaged through the sack that Lizzie had left on the counter. She felt Hailee's presence behind her but she wasn't going to say anything as she got the food out putting it on two plates. She walked over to the microwave putting one of the plates in to heat it up. She felt Hailee get closer but never touch her as Alex continued doing what she was doing.

   Once both the plates were done Alex turned around seeing Hailee in front of her. Alex walked around her setting both plates on the table. Alex grabbed two forks setting them both down by the plates. She sat down in front of hers as she picked up the fork feeling the cool metal against her skin as she ate. She saw Hailee move out of the corner of her eye but Alex made no sudden movements to make it look like she was looking her way.

Hailee pulled the chair out as she sat down beside Alex also picking up her fork as she ate. It was silent for a little bit as they ate. Finally once Alex was done she sighed running her hands through her hair. "So about-" Hailee began but was quickly cut off by Tracy busting through the front door.

   Tracy's eyes bounced between them with a shocked look on her face. Alex looked at her for a moment "Can I help you?" Alex asked standing up with her plate in her hand as she headed towards the sink. "Oh no I just- um I- uh." Tracy tripped over her words as she was still glancing between Hailee and Alex. "Do you mind if me and Lizzie swing by tomorrow?" Tracy asked trying to act normal. "Not at all what time." Alex said still being casual. "Um maybe around noon ish." Alex nodded her head "Yeah that's okay." Tracy smiled quickly before also nodding as she left closing the door behind her as they heard her also leave in her car.

   Alex glanced over at Hailee as she slightly smiled. "So when's big boy Josh coming back?" I asked jokingly. Hailee looked at her for a moment before responding "I broke up with him." Alex looked at her for a second shocked. "What?" She asked in disbelief. "Last night." She paused taking a breath. "That's why I came over here last night......but then you were drunk and everything happened." Hailee said as her words trailed off. Alex looked at her for a moment more "Hailee you shouldn't have-" "Don't try to start telling me what I can and can't do now." Hailee said as she now stood up from her chair with her plate as she walked over to her. Alex gently took the plate out of her hands as she turned and washed it still feeling Hailee's presence behind her.

    (Here's an extra chapter since I had a little bit of extra time. I hope you are enjoying the story so far and I hope you have a good rest of your day/night. :) )