Chapter 7

Alex shot up sweating as her alarm clock went off. She looked around for a moment gathering her surroundings and taking a deep breath.

Jeez, I haven't had nightmares like that in a long time.

Alex shut off her alarm clock and got out of bed feeling the coldness of the floor against her bare feet. She brushed her teeth and hair then went back into her room putting on a black long sleeve shirt and black joggers. She turned around and looked at the clock, 6:30. She didn't have class until 10:00 but she always got up on weekdays and ran around her neighborhood. Six was usually always a good time for her because no one was ever awake at that time. She put on her running tennis shoes and grabbed her headphones and phone before going towards the door. Just before she left she still saw the white converse sitting there with Griffins name on them. Alex stared at them for a second then quickly closed the door heading towards the end of her driveway. She pulled up a stopwatch on her phone then just as she started running she clicked start. She got onto her music app and let it flow through her ears as she jogged the sidewalk.

Her phone started buzzing in her packet about halfway in. She removed her phone and saw "mom" across the caller ID Alex rolled her eyes before answering the call. "What-" "Why are you on the news!" Her mother said in a panicked voice. Alex slowed her jogging and breathing to talk to her mom. "What?" "You're on the news with some- some girl what is going on?" "Nothing mom-" "Don't nothing mom me there is something very clearly going on when the news says you are now hanging out with a celebrity!" Her mom's voice rang through the phone making Alex come to a complete stop as caught her breath. "Mom it's not-" "And also how are making friends like this? Where are you going to be meeting famous people?" "Mom if you would let me-" "You better get this show in the road Alex this could really help you." "I'm not going to use her mom." Her mom's voice was silent. "Mom?" Alex brought the phone away from her ear and looked at the screen seeing that she had already hung up. Alex scoffed, "What do you think your doing near my front porch?" Alex heard a voice ask as she lifted her head to be met with those hazel eyes. Alex looked around for a moment gathering her surroundings, "Sorry I didn't mean to I was on a call." "Right... you were on a call that happened to be in front of my house." Hailee said annoyed. "Look I'm sorry I'll get a move on." Alex said starting to jog again. "Wait!" Hailee yelled making Alex stop and turn back around. There was a moment of silence that took over them for a second before Hailee shook her head quickly, "You swapped my shoes for yours and I want mine back." Alex nodded, "Okay I will bring them over later today." They stood there for another moment before Hailee nodded and closed her door. Alex took a deep breath and began her jog back to her house.

Great. Now that mom knows I know a celebrity she will never be off my back for money...ever.

She opened her door and stepped through the doorway putting her headphones down with her phone. She went into her bedroom and started a shower before quickly stepping into the hot water. She let it run down her back for a moment making it red. After feeling the water run down her back she grabbed some soap and started washing.

Alex stepped out of the bathroom with a towel around her as she headed for her dresser. She grabbed a T-shirt and some joggers slipping them on. Her hair was still a little damp from her shower earlier so she decided to blow dry it. Once she was done she grabbed some socks slipping them and quickly after slipping into tennis shoes. Alex was going to grab her keys but decided she would walk since today isn't as cold and she didn't get as much running as she wanted to. She set her keys back down only grabbing her headphones and her phone. She put one headphone in after grabbing the shoes and walking out the door.

   Silence filled the air as music played only in her ear. A slight wind blew making her walk even more dramatic than it already was. Alex walked up to Hailee's door and softly knocked on it. She heard some rushed footsteps to the door before it opened. Hailee stood there with an excited look on her face that she quickly covered up with annoyance. "Hey firecracker" Alex said as she stretched her arm out giving Hailee the shoes. Hailee looked at her for a second with confusion filling her eyes before she took them then walked back into her house leaving the door open. "Do you want me to close this to or?" "No idiot, come in so I can give you your shoes." Alex slowly walked in taking her headphone out letting it fall outside the front of her shirt. She closed the door behind her and went and sat down on the couch waiting for Hailee to come back. She got on her phone and saw a new text message from Tracy.