Chapter 10

Come on come on! Where is he? I was out in the middle of the forest looking for my Jacob. The boys had busted in the room frantic. The told me Jacob had went after Edward and he was in trouble. He wouldn't respond to my frantic thoughts to him and he was somehow shutting the guys out too. I had to find him! Dear god please let me find him!

"Bella!" Jacob shouted. I turned in a circle, trying to pin point where his voice was coming from.

"Bella!" he shouted again. Left. I started running to the left. I dodged all the trees in my path. My hair flowed behind me as I pumped my arms faster but I was at my limit. I couldn't phase, I didn't know how to do it on command yet. Damn human legs.

I burst into the meadow where Edward and I used to go to. I saw a flash of white go out of the clearing...I was too late. Edward had already gotten to him.

"JACOB!" I screamed as I ran to his broken body. I drop to my knees by his head and pulled his head in my lap. I stroked his cheek gently with tears running down my face.

"I love you Isabella Marie Black" he whispered as he closed his eyes.

"I love you too. Jake no come on stay awake." I said. He didn't respond. The shallow rise and fall of his chest had stopped.

"No." I whispered, "NO!" I set his head gently on the ground and crawled over next to him. My hands fluttered helplessly around him.

"NOOOOO!" I shrieked as sobs began to wrack my body. I heard the pack run into the clearing only to slow down as soon as they saw me crouched over Jacob crying.

He was dead. My Jacob was gone forever. The person I gave my heart and soul to was dead. A grief driven wail escaped my lips. I gripped Jacobs shirt and inhaled. But even his scent couldn't calm me.

"Bella...oh Bella. Bella...." Seth's voice was a whisper.

I felt strong arms wrap around me from behind and take me away from my loves body. They turned me in their arms and I started sobbing again. More arms came around as I was engulfed into a group hug. Their cries echoed my own as we mourned for the loss of an alpha, a brother, and a lover.