Chapter Two🌹

Evelyn woke up in the morning to the sun shining on her face through the curtains

Evelyn woke up in the morning to the sun shining on her face through the curtains. A smile came to her face and she closed eyes again.

Evelyn was a dreamer. Especially when she was little, she always dreamed of being a princess and marrying a prince. But now she dreamed of the future and a man who she will marry.

Her father was strict and almost like a religious man and he wanted his daughter to marry a wealthy man. Elliot on the other hand was only a year older than Evelyn and his father was going to wait for the boy to reach full age and marry him off to the priest's daughter.

Evelyn does not want a forced marriage. She wants to choose her own man to marry and start a family with. Her father is picky about the choice and does not listen to his daughter's opinion. Fortunately, she has two years.

They moved from the north to more southerly England. In the previous village there was a wealthy young boy whom Evelyn's father liked and decided with the boy's father, to marry her daughter to his son. The girl rebelled against her father and soon they had to move.

She sighed deeply and stood up, her bare toes hitting the cold floor. The curtains opened and the view of the gorgeous backyard was magical. A smile came to Evelyn's face and she put on her dress and shoes and started jogging out of her room towards the front door. Before she made it to the door someone cleared their throat behind her. Evelyn's head turned like a rocket and her red hair swung around her face.

Her father stood with a basket in his hand, leaning against the kitchen door, staring at his daughter. "Would you go get some fruit and vegetables while you're going out." Her father asked, rather ordered.
Evelyn put a smile on her face and reached out to take the basket. "Of course father." She answered and went out.

The spring air blew on her face and she watched the birds fly in the sky. Humming, she began journey towards the village. After collecting flowers on the way, she put them in basket so that she could use them later.

The gravel road was full of stalls, breads, fruits and vegetables were the first ones and Evelyn stopped to look. "Hey miss how can I be of help?" The young man turned his gaze to the red-haired girl. "Good morning. My father sent me to get vegetables and fruits." She answered and held out her basket which he accepted.

Evelyn pointed to the vegetables and fruits her father needed and followed the young man with her eyes. "Are you new here?" The young man asked, glancing at the girl. Evelyn looked up into his eyes. "Yes I am, my brothers, parents and I moved here from the north." She replied, holding head up.

"Does pretty face have a name?" The young man asked curiously and Evelyn laughed. She stepped past the petite girl next to her and tucked her hair behind her ear. "Evelyn." She replied, smiling brightly. "A very beautiful name." The man smiled and Evelyn nodded.

She was standing with a basket in her hand, waiting for her brother, who she saw in the distance approaching the village. Evelyn felt a piercing gaze on her and curiously turned her eyes in the direction it came from.

Farther away stands a young boy about her age whose blue eyes were on her. Next to him stands a small young girl with blond hair who otherwise looks the same as the boy. Evelyn's eyes were in a boy, he had brown hair that was a little longer in the neck and small bangs that fell over his eyes. Their eyes locked and a smile came to Evelyn's face as she saw the boy's face turn pink from the cheeks.

Elliot arrived and she turned eyes to her brother who smiled and took the basket from. "Morning sister." He said and kissed the girl on the cheek. "Morning brother, how has the morning started?" Evelyn asked looking at her brother who was staring away. "I woke up early and did the work as father told me to and then I ran away." He replied with a chuckle and winked at the end.

Evelyn giggled and pushed her brother who didn't move. "You're going to be in trouble." She said wrapping her arms around his.

They laughed and walked past the mysterious twins who were looking at them. Evelyn nodded and Elliot looked at her and then at the twins she was pointing at. The twins froze in place. Alec's eyes widened at the red haired girl's attention and Jane glared annoyed that her brother had gotten the siblings attention on them. Nobody in the village liked them and they were called witch twins. Now his brother attracted more attention by falling in love with a new girl who swept him off his feet.

The siblings stopped by them and the girl smiled sweetly at them, looking them both in the eyes. "Hello I'm Evelyn." She held out her hand and Jane stared but Alec, the shyer of the two, cleared his thoughts and stepped forward taking her hand.

"Hello I'm Alec and this is my twin sister Jane." He introduced them both. Jane blinked and forced a smile on her face. "Hello, we heard you've just moved in." Jane said looking at the siblings who were glancing at each other. "I mean, in a small village like this, word gets around fast." Jane continued and Evelyn smiled. "Of course, this is my brother Elliot and we moved here from the north." She told and Alec felt his heart pounding hard in his chest. Her voice was really beautiful and angelic.

Jane noticed her brother's freeze and cleared her throat. "Alec and I are continuing our journey home. It was nice to meet you." Jane said politely and Evelyn nodded to them. They watched as the twins started walking away and Elliot raised an eyebrow. "Did you find that strange?" He asked his sister who was staring at the disappearing backs of the twins. There was something about Alec, the way his blue eyes pierced Evelyn with their gaze. Something mysterious and Evelyn is going to find out more.