Chapter Fourteen🌹

"I grabbed her by the throat but I didn't choke her. Just kissed her so deep she forgot whose air she was breathing."

She waited in place and heard footsteps approaching the door

She waited in place and heard footsteps approaching the door. Alec opened the door and his eyes widened. "Evelyn? What are you doing here?" He looked down the hall and then at the girl who was staring at the boy in front of her.

Evelyn took a breath and then dropped her shoulders. "You've been avoiding me." She spoke, crossing her arms over her chest. Alec looked at her expression which was dark and hurt. He sighed, stepping aside so Evelyn could enter the room.

Evelyn entered the room and looked through it. The room had a small window with a bed below it and a small bedside table next to it. There was a wooden chest of drawers on one side of the room and one chair. The room was small but cozy.

Alec closed the door behind him and looked at the red haired girl who was scanning the room. He scratched the back of his neck and cleared his throat. Evelyn's eyes wandered around the room and she turned to look at the boy who was staring at her scratching the back of his neck. Alec's hair was a mess and his body looked like he had been lying in bed for days.

Evelyn didn't give up a glare appeared on her face and she spoke. "So first the whole summer goes well and one day you start avoiding me." She said and this time her voice was not sweet like an angel. It was dark. Her eyes showed the flames that she held inside. The girl was clearly angry and hurt. Her intense stare made Alec nervous.

"You would be a man and come and tell me directly how things are and not avoid." She spoke aloud, watching Alec's gestures.

Alec stared at her speechless. He wasn't ready to face the girl because he hasn't had time to think about his thoughts. But there she stood before him.

"I can't have you. I heard in church how your father introduced you to your future husband." Alec replied, putting his hands in his pockets. Evelyn stared and closed her eyes.

"Evelyn... We can't see each other anymore.. I mean it doesn't make sense because I can't have you, I can never marry you and I can't give you the ring my mother gave..." Alec explained with a tear in his eye.

Evelyn let out a loud sigh. "Alec… you don't understand." She started and felt like crying again.

"I don't care what my father thinks, I don't want that Jeremy. I want you, I want to marry you and have children with you because Alec..." She said breathing heavily with tears falling from her eyes.

"I love you Alec."

Alec's breathing stopped. His eyes widened and his jaw dropped.

"You...y-you love me?" He asked in a whisper, still frozen in place.

Evelyn looked at him and stepped closer. "Of course I love you, you drew me to you as soon as I saw you. My feelings grew stronger during the summer and I just realized that I love you Alec." She spoke and now her voice was as sweet as an angel again.

Alec felt his cheeks getting warmer.
"I.. l-love you too, I h-have for a while. But your father already found you that boy." Alec said and Evelyn swallowed a lump in her throat and looked down at her hands.

"I have always dreamed of my life, and how I would find my prince and marry him, not to mention how my father would choose my husband for me." Evelyn started and Alec furrowed his brows looking at her face.

"In the spring I found my prince, the one I want, I've been dreaming about him all summer." Evelyn looked up and looked into Alec's blue eyes.

"Do you want to hear my dream right now?" Evelyn asked, looking at Alec's facial expressions. He nodded and stared into the girl's eyes.

Evelyn licked her lips and didn't break eye contact. "My father wants me to marry Jeremy, but I'm still a long way from coming of age. I will always choose you and one day we'll run away from here and I will marry you. It's my wildest dreams." Evelyn spoke beautifully and it was music to Alec's ears. She wants to run away with him? Alec felt his heart pounding as if it would fly out of his chest. His cheeks still warm.

"I love you Evelyn and I'll do anything for it." Alec replied and walked over to the dresser.

Evelyn's eyes followed her and Alec dug something out of the dresser and walked in front of the girl. Evelyn looked at Alec's hands and her expression softened. She looked up into Alec's eyes which held many emotions.

"Evelyn. I love you and I want to marry you one day…" Alec spoke and took a breath.

Evelyn looked at Alec handing the ring in her hand. "My mom gave this to me she wants me to give it to you." Alec said and looked at Evelyn's expression which was full of emotions.

"Are you trying to proposing me?" Evelyn asked with a soft chuckle and Alec felt a smile come to his face. "I'm trying, Are you going to agree?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

Evelyn held out her hand and Alec slipped the ring onto her finger. They looked into each other's eyes for a moment in silence and Evelyn moved closer. She locked lips with the boy. The kiss was soft, she felt her whole body explode in the rhythm of their lips moving together.

They stepped further apart and Evelyn looked Alec in the eye. "I want you Alec." She said and Alec raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"I want you now. We won't be married for a long time, so I want to feel you on my body. I want to feel your arms around me, touching every part of my body." Evelyn said without breaking eye contact with Alec, whose expression was still confused.

"Oh." Was all Alec could get out of his mouth.

He then realized what Evelyn meant and blushed deeply. Alec was speechless and stared at Evelyn who approached him with a questioning look.

Evelyn connected their lips and Alec brought his hands up to her face. He moved his head back and looked the girl straight in the eyes.

"A-are y-you sure?" He asked in a whisper and Evelyn nodded.