Chapter Eleven🌹

It had been almost two months since Elliot had given them his blessing

It had been almost two months since Elliot had given them his blessing. For two months they have seen almost every day on the river and in the meadow. They saw each other in church every Sunday morning and exchanged secret glances and touches when no one was looking.

Evelyn woke up early Saturday morning and she was finally happy.

Elliot had given them his blessing and promised to try to like Alec, Jane on the other hand was unsure. She told Alec every night what a risk he was taking with the red-haired girl, but if her brother was happy, so was she. Alec wanted them to spend time together and brought Jane with him to the river. Although his sister wouldn't admit it, she liked Evelyn and that made Alec happy.

"Elliot, I was talking to the priest and we were thinking about your and Amelia's wedding. How would May sound?" Their father spoke and Evelyn turned her eyes to her brother who was staring blankly at the ground.

"Elliot?" Their father said stopping and looking at his son who was staring at him. Elliot wiped the thoughts from his mind. "Isn't it early now it's only August?" He answered without looking at his sister who he felt was staring.

"Does it matter? Better plan ahead." He spoke and Elliot swallowed a lump in his throat.

"Of course father."

They continued their journey towards the village and reached the bridge and the first flower stalls.

"So how does May sound?" Their father asked again and Evelyn turned to look at her brother who was finding his shoes interesting at that moment.

Evelyn looked at her brother worriedly and thought about everything in her head.
She felt her brother's pain as if they had some kind of connection. All summer she has been thinking about what she could do and how they could avoid this. Their father is strict and nothing turns his head, or so they thought.

Elliot still didn't answer and their father began to slow his pace and turn to look behind him.

Evelyn cleared her throat and raised her head to get her father's attention.

"How about an autumn wedding? September is a beautiful month in color, Elliot told me that he had been thinking about September." Evelyn spoke glancing at her brother and looking her father straight in the eye.

Their father raised an eyebrow and Evelyn straightened her back and put her hands behind her.

"It's not so hot in September anymore and what could be more beautiful than an autumn wedding, red, orange and yellow. A wonderland surrounded by colors." Evelyn spoke and felt Elliot's gaze on her as well.

They had reached the village and stopped. Evelyn glanced behind her father to see the twins standing there, Alec had noticed them and smiled sweetly at Evelyn. She felt a smile come to her face but quickly turned eyes to their father who was staring at her.

Before her father could turn his head back, Evelyn smiled widely.

"Father?"

Their father sighed. "But it will take longer, Elliot turns eighteen in March and the sooner the better." He explained and Evelyn spoke again.

"Who would want to get married in a colorless landscape, I'm sure Amelia likes the idea for sure." She explained and their father looked at Elliot.

"Do you really think that September is the month for wedding?" He asked in wonder.

Elliot took a deep breath before answering.

"Just like Evelyn said, I've been thinking and September sounds like the best month."

"Then it's September. I'm proud of you my son, you've already thought about the wedding well and I'll tell the priest about it." Their father said turning around to continue on his way. Sure enough, he noticed the twins and glared at them.

"Witches." He muttered.

Elliot turned to look at his sister with his mouth open and Evelyn smiled widely.

"Oh oh thank you my lovely little sister Evelyn." Evelyn spoke imitating her brother. She took a bouquet of roses in her hand.

"I'm grateful that you just saved me and were able to postpone the wedding. I owe you my life." She continued and handed the bouquet of roses to her brother who rolled his eyes. Evelyn laughed loudly, drawing their father's attention further away.

"Evelyn! Elliot!"

"You're welcome my dear brother." Evelyn said patting her brother on the shoulder and started jogging over to her father.

"Hey! I don't sound like that!" Elliot exclaimed and went after his sister. Evelyn glanced behind her with an exclamation and took off running.

                                  ✿✿✿

Amelia was a sweet girl who was excited about the wedding in September next year, Evelyn felt a little sorry for her because the girl had no idea that Elliot didn't want to marry her. Evelyn sat on a wooden bench listening to Amelia talk about her wedding and her dreams.

Their conversation was interrupted when his father yelled at someone who had accidentally walked towards him. Evelyn looked up and saw the twins mother picking up things from the floor that had fallen from her hands.

She apologized to Amelia and got up from the chair walking over to twins mother and bent down to help woman.

"Thank you very much you shouldn't have." The woman spoke and Evelyn smiled.

"I'm sorry for my father, he's not usually like that." She explained and woman shook her head.

"I know why I'm not liked because I raised those 'witch twins', so I'm used to it." She told and they got up.

"Nobody deserves to be treated like that, you've raised good kids, they don't deserve all that barking." Evelyn spoke and the woman smiled at her.

                                 ✿✿✿

"In a couple of weeks, when August is coming to an end, we will organize a party, by the corn field." The priest spoke and Evelyn listened with interest. The celebration was connected to some history in the village.

"If you need help Evelyn and Elliot are at your disposal." Their father said shaking the priest's hand. "I'll keep that in mind because we're going to need some decorating help." The priest told.

Evelyn went out of the church first to get some oxygen and look at the scenery that is approaching the end of the summer. The wooden doors behind her opened and she thought Elliot was coming but was surprised by the twins mother approaching her.

"You are a really beautiful and confident girl." She started and Evelyn gave a small smile.

"Although your father is different, but you are golden, you have a beautiful heart and you will be something great, you are a good girl. Thank you Evelyn for standing up for my children, Alec told me." She spoke winking in her eye. Before Evelyn could ask anything, the wooden doors of the church opened and her father stepped out.

The twins mother glanced at the doors and quickly left to continue her journey, Evelyn turned her eyes to her father who was walking towards the stairs, looking angrily at the woman's disappearing figure.

He turned his eyes to his daughter and let out a deep sigh. "What did she want?" He asked slowly and Evelyn got nervous.

Silence followed them and her father moved towards his daughter. "I asked what that witch mother wanted?" He asked and Evelyn quickly took a step back and spoke.

"Nothing, she just said that she also helps at the corn field party." Evelyn said and Elliot stepped out at the same time looking at his father and sister.

"Shall we go home?"