The First Cut is the Deepest

Season 1, episode
TW: Rape

Season 1, episode TW: Rape

✧₊˚・₊✧

Lia walked into the locker room, shivering slightly from her forgotten coat.

She acknowledged her fellow interns, watching them pester Meredith who was after roommates. Lia would love to move in with mer but she didn't want to seem annoying or too eager so she kept back until she knew Meredith wasn't busy.

She changed into her scrubs and shut her locker following izzie as she headed out before the rest followed each other.

"Hey Lia" Meredith shouted, slightly jogging to catch up with her. "Hey, what's up?" Lia asked the taller girl.

"Do you need a place to stay, you are much less annoying than the rest of them. So?" Meredith asked, slightly begging her.

Cornelia's face light up before she jumped to answer her "yes, yes. Oh my god. The hotel bed is creating such back pains."

Meredith grinned at the girl before questioning "You're staying in a hotel?" "I didn't have a job in this area before moving here so I was pretty limited on money." The girl replied.

Before they could even talk to each other for much longer they were cut off by George and izzie.

"Mered-" George started but Meredith beat him to it.

"We're together 100 hours a week for work, you really wanna live together too?"

"Oh you're bringing bribes now?" Cristina asked Meredith who was holding a coffee cup as they made their way to Dr Bailey.

"It's not a bribe... it's a mocha latte."

"I can put down last, first and deposit," George said trying to convince Meredith.

"It's totally a bribe." Cristina said.

"Definitely is." Lia agreed.

"I can cook and I'm an obsessive cleaner." Izzie said trying to bribe

"George, you're running the code team, Meredith, Lia, take the trauma patients, Cristina, deliver the weekend labs, Izzie, you're on sutures." Bailey ordered her inters as she caught up with them.

"Dr Bailey. I was hoping to assist you in the OR today, maybe do a minor procedure? I think I'm ready. Mocha latte?" Meredith held out the cup to the older women.

"If she gets to cut, I want to cut too." Cristina cut in quickly.

"Yeah, me too." Izzie said.

"I wouldn't mind another shot, I mean, if everybody else is-" George also said before he was cut off by Bailey.

"Stop talking. Every intern wants to perform their first surgery, that's not your job. Do you know what your job is? To make your resident happy. Do I look happy? No. Why? Because my interns are whining. You know what will make me look happy? Having the code team staffed, having the trauma patients answered, having the weekend labs delivered, and having someone down in the Pit, doing the sutures," she said. She took the mocha latte. "No one holds a scalpel until I'm so happy I'm Mary freakin' Poppins." she said.