Winning a Battle, Losing the War

Season 1, episode 3

✧₊˚・₊✧

Lia was fast asleep, having been up the night before on the phone to Addison. She didn't feel right and wanted to speak with the person who showed her light again. It wasn't the same without having mark, Addison and Derek together.

"George's room is bigger than mine!" Izzie screamed, startling Lia awake from her room next door.  "I have more clothes, so I should have the bigger room!"

"I got here first!" George argued.

"And if you're going to yell at anyone, yell at Lia! She has the biggest room out of all of us!"

"Yeah, you're right, I have more clothes than her too."

Before the blonde could barge in, Lia shoved the door open, nearly smacking izzie as it swung around, she glared at the two. "You're not getting my room, Izzie."

"Just put your clothes somewhere else!" George Continued arguing with her as Lia made her way into the bathroom.

"Everywhere else is filled with Meredith's mom's boxes," she complained "Meredith? When is your mom coming back to town anyway? Because maybe we can put her boxes in storage or unpack a few things, make this place a little more homey. Maybe some throw pillows and lamps, a few paintings." Izzie voice was starting to get on the young girls nerves.

Lias rushed around getting ready before slamming the front door in annoyance at izzie and George before heading to meet with her brother for coffee.

✧₊˚・₊✧

Once they both had their much needed catch up, they both headed to the hospital for their shifts.

"Morning dr Bailey" Lia said, smiling the women.

"You okay there?" Derek asked, noticing Mirandas irritation

"Shut up," Bailey snapped, causing Lia and Derek to share a look.

"You realize that I'm an attending and you're only a resident, right? That you work for me?" Derek said staring at the women

"I know I've forgotten something," Bailey muttered. "Something is happening today. I know I should know what it is but I just can't..." the women trailed off.

"Alright, nice talking to you Dr. Bailey," Derek said sarcastically.

When the light turned green, Lia started to walk across the street. But out nowhere a herd of people on bikes started to charging towards her.

Before Derek or Bailey could warn the girl one of the bicyclists ran directly into her, knocking her off her feet and causing her to hit her head on the concrete floor. She blinked as her eyes started spotting black but they didn't disappear and her vision clouded.