If Tomorrow Never Comes

✧₊˚・₊✧

✧₊˚・₊✧

"When we walk through this door, you will maintain decorum. You will not laugh, vomit, or drop your jaw. Are we understood?" Bailey instructed four of her interns as they stood outside of a hospital room.

"Why would we laugh?" Izzie asked.

"Oh just wait!" Alex grinned.

"Zip it Alex" Lia scolded him, lightly slapping his arm. She and Alex had been on call last night and admitted the patient so they already knew the cases

"Good morning Miss Connors," Bailey said, entering the room, her interns following.

"Good morning." Replied Miss
Connors. The woman who lay in the bed had a huge tumour sticking out of her side, about the size of 5 bowling balls.

"What is it?" George questioned quietly.

"Tumour," Cristina responded.

"Good morning Annie!" Lia spoke out with a cheery grin

"How are you this morning? This is Doctor Bailey and these are our fellow interns." Alex said

"Doctor Williams we refer to patients as" dr Bailey began

"I told them to call me Annie. 'Miss Connors' makes me feel old and fat, which I am, but why feel that way?" Annie cut in, and Lia smiled sadly towards her.

Nobody should be so down on themselves she thought.
Doctor Burke entered and greeted Annie before Alex began to present the patient.

"Annie Connors is a 43-year-old woman who presented last night with progressive shortness of breath for the past three months. Found to have a very large tumour of unknown origin pressed against her diaphragm. Stable vital signs. Scheduled for CT this morning, sir."

"Dr. Stevens is going to take you up for a CT. It'll give us a better look at the tumour and we'll know how to proceed." Burke said to Annie.

"Could someone tell my Mom? She'll worry if she gets back and I'm not here." Annie said.

"I will Annie" Lia said with a light smile.

"And would it be possible for Alex and Lia to take me instead? I mean, he... he's just so fun to look at. And Lia always makes me feel so calm, she just has such a calming energy."

"Sure. Excuse me." Burke smiled before leaving.

✧₊˚・₊✧

Not soon later Lia and Alex were in the CT room.

"Unbelievable." The tech guy said.

"I know," Lia said.

"I've never seen anything like this." The guy said

"What I don't understand is how a person lets it get like that. I mean, man, that is a whole lot of nasty." Alex chuckled

"Grow up Alex." Lia scolded