Prologue

Once upon a time there was a teenage girl, a young princess, but most importantly there was a baby. A baby that would grow up to save the world. Nothing is as black and white as it seems. No one is completely good or completely evil, nothing is ever as it seems. That is something I spent my entire childhood learning. That along with people can change given a life time to do it. People do not stay the same they grow and evolve. It has been a long time since, but fifty years ago I was that baby. A baby princess that was the pride and joy of her mother. It was believed that I would be the one who brought light back into Regina's dark soul.

In reality I have lived for fifty years, but realistically I am only twenty two years old. This is due to the curse, but I can't tell you about it because Belle would kill me. Here's what I can say, being trapped in time depending on who you are can be seen two different ways. It can be seen as twenty eight years in the blink of an eye or twenty eight years that never end.

My name is Victoria Maria Reina Isabella Mills and this is my story, but it doesn't start with me. No, it starts long before I was even born. This story begins with a five year old princess. She had hair the color of coal, lips as red as the reddest apple on the tree, eyes the color of the deepest greenest emerald, and skin as fair as snow. She was the only child born to Queen Eva and King Leopold of the White kingdom. The young princess was given the name Snow after the color of her fair complexion; Snow White.

Living in the land without magic you probably have an image in your head of the Disney Snow White, but Disney was wrong about most of the story. Yes the Evil Queen was Snow White's stepmother and yes the queen fed Snow White a poisoned apple, but there is so much more to their story. How the queen was forced into a loveless marriage, or how she saved Snow's life, or how Snow White couldn't keep a secret. I could go on forever about what Disney got wrong about my home the Enchanted Forest, but none of that would be relevant.

Snow as a child wasn't sweet and kind actually she was a brat, a spoiled princess. She adored her parents her mother was kind and corrected her daughter when she acted spoiled. The king loved his daughter very much and doted on the girl. Snow White had this picturesque life and family for only a short period of time.

On Snow's fifth birthday the queen passed away suddenly after fainting a few hours before. Many believed the queen to have been poisoned. It was a few years before the girl would have another mother. Three years to be exact before she would meet that woman. A teenage girl named Regina Mills.

Regina grew up very different from Snow. She grew up in fear of her mother quite literally a heartless woman. Cora Mills used magic even against her own daughter because as far as her mother was concerned Regina was only an extension of her own life. Therefore if Regina did something that was disliked by Cora the girl would feel the wrath of her mother.

When she crossed paths with Snow she was a sixteen year old girl in love with a boy named Daniel who was her family's stable boy. At the very moment when the two paths crossed she was with Daniel under their favorite apple tree. A horse ran passed the two it's rider a little girl falling off screaming for help and dear life. Regina got on her own horse and rode after the girl pulling the small child onto her horse saving the child's life.

Snow's father King Leopold was so grateful he proposed to sixteen year old Regina Mills. Regina never had a chance to deny the offer because her mother answered for her confirming that her daughter would marry the man who was nearly forty years her superior. Later that afternoon Regina ran to Daniel in the stables completely in tears. She told him of how her mother was forcing her into marriage with the king.