Story Brooke

RED

First I suppose I should explain the curse. You see it was created to take away everyone's happy endings. We were brought to a small town called Story Brooke in a state called Maine. The town was located in the world without magic and what really made it a curse was no one remembered their personas in the Enchanted Forest. No one could access who they really were not even the woman who cast the curse.

For as long as I can remember I have lived in the town where I was born; Story Brooke. It's in Maine in the middle of nowhere. See Story Brooke is the kind of town that is so small it doesn't even make it on the map. So it's really unsurprising that no one for many years crossed the town line; no one came in and in return no one ever left. My two closest friends Victoria Mills, Lacie Merchan, and I have been friends for as long as we can remember. For as long as we can remember we've been inseparable never one without the other two.

When we were little we were given the nickname the terrible three and it kind of stuck, so up to today we still use the name. My friend Victoria who everyone calls Tori is as close to royalty as a person can get in a small town in the middle of nowhere. Her mother Regina Mills is the mayor of our fair town. Tori is really the living proof of the phrase mother like daughter. She and her mother are alike in almost every way it's really almost creepy.

The difference between them is their relations to the town. There is barely a soul in town who doesn't know or is not fond of Tori. There are only two people I know of who Tori cannot stand and makes it quite obvious she does not appreciate their presence. (Yes Tori it's obvious.) They are Grace Hatter (for more obvious reasons) and Emma Swan (for less obvious reasons.)

Well at ten years old a year younger than Lacie and I, Tori was wise well beyond the amount of years she had lived. She once told me that "the key to truly knowing a person is to recognize how their experiences both good and bad have effected and shaped that person to be who they are." This really can be said about anyone, Tori included.

Even though in many ways they are alike Regina Mills; the mayor of Story Brooke was different from her daughter in certain ways. The mayor was feared by all, cold, reserved, and very few had ever seen her break from her sadistic persona. Really the only things Story Brooke knew about their mayor was what they saw. Besides the cold face she put on for the town they knew one thing her daughter Tori meant the world to her. If Regina was to loose Tori she would lose what little sanity she had left.

"Ruby Lucas get your butt downstairs before you're late for school girl!" My Granny yells up the stairs to me.

Five minutes later I rush out the door and am on my way to school. Tori and Lacie are standing next to our lockers in the hallway. While I get the things I need from my locker Tori and Lacie begin a conversation.

"You know Tori today is a very special day" Lacie announces to Tori. Tori raises an eyebrow questioningly at her friend. "Oh yeah? Why ever would that be?" Lacie smirks "because today a record was broken Ruby Lucas was two minutes early to school."

"Shut up idiot" I say rolling my eyes and punching Lacie in the arm.

Tori rolls her eyes at us and shakes her head laughing quietly at us.

"Are we going to the castle after school?" I ask referring to the wooden play area the three of us discovered a year ago. Tori shakes her head "I can't sorry I have fencing practice today."

Tori is one of the best fencers I have seen. She fences like it's a dance. She fights with the grace and poise of a princess and I have never seen her loose a match. Name a sport Tori is probably good at it. She was an athlete this is true, but that was only one element of her. She could beat any boy at anything from soccer to swords, but she was truly Regina's daughter she had the grace, poise, and beauty of her mother. She also had the sarcasm of Regina and of course her temper.