Just A Dream

A month came and went so for the most part we forgot about everything that happened. That month for me was happy something I hadn't had in quite a while. Within that month Jason and I were married my ring was very much like my engagement ring, but different as well.

It's silver and covered in tiny diamonds with two bigger diamonds on either side of a blood red heart shaped ruby. (Just to be clear the gem not my friend.) That was one of the happiest days I had in a long time. There were just many aspects of that month that were happy for me, but like all good things eventually this came to an end because at the end of the month Jason was required to go back into service.

As much as I hated to see Jason go I was also relieved because this was supposed to be his last two months of service so he would not be required to return for a long time if ever. I wanted him to get this over with so he could come home and I would be able to stop fearing for his wife at least for a little while.

Jason is standing in front of me in the airport terminal tears running down my face. Jason kisses my forehead and wipes away the tears that are running down my cheeks. Looking into my tear stained eyes Jason can see how much I didn't want him to go.

"I love you Victoria and I'll be back before you even realize I left." Jason wipes away the remaining tears on my cheeks.

"Victoria I'm going to get on that plane, but before I do I want you to turn around and leave without looking back."

I open my mouth to argue with him, but before I can he cuts me off by continuing. "I want to cause you as little pain as possible darling. This way you won't be forced to see me leave."

I nod and he lifts my chin to kiss me one more time before he motions for me to leave. As I walk back to the car I have to force myself to not look back because I wanted to look back more than anything. Well another two weeks came and went and I got sick. Like really sick I was throwing up every morning for a week when I got a call from Beatrix demanding and I quote that I "get my ass to the doctor". So that is exactly where I found myself after work that day.

"Victoria Matthews?" The nurse calls.

I gracefully, but purposefully get up from my seat and brush invisible specks from my blouse before following the nurse to a hospital room. Soon enough the doctor comes in. I explain about how sick I had been feeling lately so he does a few tests before he comes back with what is making me sick.

"Mrs. Matthews I am happy to report that you are about three months pregnant." He says.

My eyes go wide in surprise because of all the answers I was expecting this was NOT one of them.

"You will need to come in about once a month for a checkup, but you should take care of yourself for the next few months Mrs. Matthews."

About an hour after I got home from the doctor I got a call from Beatrix. Ever since I got married to Jason we haven't been living together because both of us were now married and needed room to start our own families.

"Well?" She asks.

"Well what?" I ask her teasingly.

I can practically see her roll her eyes at me making a smirk form on my lips "Victoria Maria Oli- Matthews just tell me what I want to know." Beatrix demands after correcting herself.

I laugh "yeah I'm still getting used to it too. It's still pretty weird. Well the doctor said I'm not sick."

"Well then what has been happening to you for the last week or so?" Beatrix asks curiously.