Let the Secrets Be Told

Okay then I'm still Ruby, still in Story Brooke, and there is still nothing to do here. To say I was lonely without Belle and Victoria was really underestimating it. When I entered my teens I really started to change. I began to help Granny in the diner working as a waitress, but I changed my appearance too. By the time I was fifteen gone were the jeans I wore before now I had skirts which Granny always complained about being too short, I got red streaks in my hair and discovered makeup.

I also began seeing someone Killian Jones or as you may recognize him Captain Hook. He was most definitely not a favorite of Regina's, but honestly who is? (Don't you dare answer that Victoria!) Something you should understand about our dear Madame Mayor. She has at least a hundred insult names for everyone in Story Brooke who's name isn't Princess Victoria. A couple often used for Hook were often dirty pirate, guy liner, filthy pirate, useless pirate, she really likes him. Besides do you see the trend?

As much as she hates hook she hates Emma Swan that much more. I am pretty sure only a Mills can turn the title of savior into an insult I'm seriously that has to be a talent or something. Emma broke her curse and even though she hides it Regina missed Victoria very much.

Victoria was always what put a smile on the face of both the Evil Queen and the cold hearted mayor. She was what filled the hole in Regina's heart. After a while I noticed how much Regina and Emma would go after each other first the insults back and forth, then the cold shoulder, and then it got interesting when Regina's beloved apple tree got involved.

In any other town Emma Swan walking casually down the street with a chainsaw would have been weird, but then again if it was any other town the mayor wouldn't have kept a dragon under the clock tower for twenty eight years.

Of course seeing Emma walking down the street with a chainsaw I was curious so of course I followed her. Which led me right to the mayor mansion. Emma walked to the side of the mansion which was where the garden was and with the chainsaw Emma began to cut the Mayor's beloved apple tree. Looking behind me I could see the Mayor storming over most likely to give Emma a piece of her mind and knowing Regina it wasn't going to be pretty.

"You know Emma" I say startling her "in the words of someone wise you are in so much trouble."

A smirk crosses my face from where I am standing leaning against the tree two feet or so from the apple tree. Pulling my eyes away from Emma I see that the Mayor is now standing a little ways away from me. She was glaring at Emma and even I must admit it was scary if looks could kill Emma would be in the center of the Earth by now.

"Ms. Swan" the Mayor snarled at Emma "what the hell are you doing?"

This even caught me off guard. Regina Mills literally never swears so when she does you can tell she is extremely pissed. At that moment I was glad Regina wasn't using magic because if she was I am pretty sure Emma would be pile of cinders by now.

Keeping her cool Emma replies "picking apples" she then gets in the Mayor's personal space and she whispers "be careful Madame Mayor you don't stay out of my business and you may lose the whole tree."

That was about three years ago two years after Victoria's disappearance. So like I said that was three years ago a lot can change in three years and in those three a lot did change. Regina she pulled back from everyone I wouldn't say exactly that she became dark again, but she became colder without Victoria to balance her out.

Something else that changed I suppose you could call in a change in scenery. Mostly all of Story Brooke went back to where we came from. As wonderful as it was to live in Story Brooke I was glad to be home because once again I was able to truly feel like Red. I suppose what I mean by that is that I was able to feel free. When the moon was full I was able to run through the forest there was fresh dirt under my paws and the wind rushing past my ears. I had a new form of confidence I was in my element it felt wonderful and exhilarating.