It's All Coming Back to Me Now

Soon enough a month came and went and I began to show small signs of my pregnancy, but honestly not too much. I was still mourning about what happened with Jason, but for the time being things were normal at least until they weren't. For the month after Jason's death, magic was the farthest thing from my mind. I remember one day that I will not be forgetting anytime soon I was helping Beatrix take care of her now one year old daughter.

I remember that day I was wearing ripped jeans (so nothing new) and an off the shoulder shirt that was of some kind of airy light material. It was a dark brown color I guess you could describe it as a chocolate brown the same as my eyes. Then of course flats. My hair was tied back in a braid that went down my back well past my shoulders, but there were a few strands of hair loose purposely. Beatrix and I were sitting on the couch while little Tori was playing on the floor and the two of us were just talking.

We were mostly catching up and seeing how each of us were doing since there had not been much time to see my friend since the death of my husband Jason. A little after his death I changed my name back to my maiden name. Not out of spite or bitterness toward him or his parents, but because it hurt too much to be called Victoria Matthews.

Beatrix gave me a small smile "how are you doing Tori? You look like you're doing better."

"I am" I respond "I really am. I still miss him beyond belief, but you know I think I'm really beginning to feel like myself again."

"I'm happy for you Tori I really am." Beatrix smiles "so how is the little one doing?"

I smile "she has been making herself known."

"So it's a little girl?" Beatrix asks and I nod. "Have you thought of any names for her yet?"

I nod "I think I'm going to call her Angelina. Angelina Isabella Olivers."

"It's a beautiful name." Beatrix responds "you know Matt told me what happened last month."

I look at Beatrix confused "what are you talking about?"

"Victoria you saved my life and I just kind of would like to know how."

I bite my lip thinking. "Honestly I don't know how I did it. What I did just came naturally to me. As far as I know I have never done that before, but I just knew what to do and how to heal you."

Beatrix gives me a grateful smile then as quickly as I saw it the smile turned into a look of surprise and fear. I give Beatrix a confused look.

"What?"

"Victoria please don't be alarmed, but look down."

I give my friend a funny look before I look down. What I see startles me beyond belief. The bottom half of my body was covered in dark grey smoke. I could see the smoke was slowly moving up my body. Soon enough I disappear in the smoke and it clears revealing that I am no longer sitting where I was before. Actually I had completely disappeared from the room, the house, that world.

I get up and brush a few strands of hair out of my face and my eyes. I brush off my knees and look around. My eyes go wide at what I see. I am standing in the middle forest. There is a slight fog surrounding the trees and a light coming through the trees.

"I think Beatrix redecorated her living room." I mutter sarcastically.

I pinch myself in order to make sure this is real instead of some kind of strange dream because those are kind of common for me. I also wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy because well, it's possible.