Discovering Herself

Belle

Well looks like once again it's back to me. I suppose I should clear up how I got here. I was actually sent by Victoria's mother Queen Regina. The day after my friend's disappearance I was walking to Granny's to see Red and Victoria. I was walking down the street reading Great expectations when I feel someone tap me on my shoulder. I look up and jump in surprise when I see the queen in front of me. I immediately curtsy to her.

"Hello your majesty I was actually just about to go see Victoria and Red."

The queen gives me a sad smile "I'm afraid I will have to force you to have a change of plans for I am in need of your assistance."

"I'm sorry?" I say confused "whatever is wrong your majesty?"

"I will explain as soon as we meet Ms. Lucas would you mind walking with me to Granny's Ms. French?"

I nod "of course" I study Regina for a minute trying to read her thoughts. I try to figure out what could possibly be wrong.

I shake my head unable to figure it out the two of us walk to the diner together where I hoped to get some answers and to clear up my confusion. When we get to the diner only two or so minutes later and I see Ruby there, but Victoria is nowhere to be seen I turn to Regina confusion in my eyes nonverbally asking what was going on.

Regina sighs "dear I think we should take a table and sit down and talk."

All three of us sit down in a booth Red and I both sitting across from Regina. Red and Regina share a look as if debating who would speak.

"Can someone please tell me what's going on and where my friend is?" I ask not able to keep the annoyance out of my voice.

Regina sighs "Belle dear today who have you not seen around?" Just as I am about to answer Henry comes over confusion in his eyes matching my own. Regina motions for the young teenage boy to sit next to her.

"Do you think you could answer the question Belle?"

I think for a moment Victoria I hadn't seen I hadn't seen Grumpy, but he was probably sleeping or got his sorry butt in jail for getting drunk at nine in the morning. So far the morning had been quiet even for a small town. Someone or something was missing I just couldn't put my finger on it.

"Victoria is missing" I answer then my eyes go wide my brain finally catching up with my words "Where is Victoria? Is there something wrong?"

"She has been taken I'm afraid." Regina replies

My eyes go wide again "what?" I whisper.

"Ms. Lucas can probably explain better than I can since she saw what happened." Regina says and I look in her eyes and see pain and misery. I can almost see the hole in her heart that Victoria's disappearance left. I look to Red who is sitting next to me for an explanation of what had happened to our friend.

Red thinks for a minute of how to explain what had happened. "Well last night was the first night of my changing so I was in the woods when I saw Maleficent capture Victoria and take her to the town line where she was forced across."

I put a hand over my mouth as I gasp. "No" I whisper I still couldn't believe this was happening.

Regina looks at us an extremely serious look in her eyes. "I need to ask an extremely huge favor from the three of you."