My Art Bleeds

TW: Blood, Self-Harm, Madness, Basil being silly

Basil's hands fluttered against the canvas, each stroke creating a simple and smooth line. With each line, the painting slowly grows more and more lively and colorful, unlike the usual dark and grey ones he does. His hands started to flow more and more frantic as he continued, panic and anxiety hitting him. Sweat dripped on the canvas and he was almost ripping it from the aggressive brushes.

Eventually, he stood back, heavily breathing, and stared at his artwork. He grinned uneasily.

It's not perfect yet.

He painted his best friend, Sunny, with almost all he had. The painting was missing something though. Ah... he still had some paint, right?

He glared at the empty bottles on the ground and grinned again. This time more uneasily and mad.

He took a paintbrush and stabbed his shoulder. The sharp and wooden edge pierced him and blood gushed out slowly. He used the same paintbrush and started to stroke blood on the painting. It gave it another layer of realism and lighting. He kept stabbing and slashing his shoulders as blood sprayed on the canvas.

Now...it was perfect.

...

"Basil..."

His friends wouldn't understand. Polly wouldn't understand. No one would. Basil loved Sunny, to a horrifying extent. He'd do anything for that boy.

"EW! What is this...! Freak!"

He could imagine what others would say. After all, it wasn't normal.

"Who would ever like this? Why would you make that?"

He could imagine the horror on their faces. Basil just wanted to go to sleep at this point.

The flower boy cleaned everything quickly and put the painting in the bottom of his closet, hidden by the darkness and blankets.

He flopped on his bed and felt his body go limp as he closed his lidded eyes and slowly fell asleep, his last view a memory of him and Sunny.

"Basil, look." Sunny held out the flower crown that he crafted. It had a bunch of errors and looked crooked, but had a wide variety of beautiful flowers. Roses, Lily of the Valleys, Gladiolus, Sunflowers and Tulips. Basil's flower crown looked almost the same, except that it was perfect. Basil shook his head and looked at the flowers. His eyes shone as he stared at it. "That looks really nice...Here, let me put it on your head." He smiled and helped Sunny put his flower crown on his head. "Thanks..." Sunny returned the favor by putting Basil's on his head. Both of the boys giggled a bit and looked into each other's eyes. Sunny's eyes glimmered and smiled.

His smile was so precious...