Nightmare Pt2: Kels̶e̶y̶

TW: Transphobia, Abuse, Blood, Gore, Su!c!de?, Injuries

A/N: Uhm-so like, I Head cannon Kel as trans cuz like, why not? If you are abused or are in a non-accepting household, please don't hesitate to talk to it to a trusted adult.

Kel glanced one last time at Sunny's house and smiled a little before entering his own home.

He rubbed his temple and sighed. Hopefully able to avoid his parents, he quietly walked in the kitchen.

He grumbled in defeat when he saw his mother there, swishing something around in a pot on the stove. She turned around when she heard Kel. Instead of greeting her son, she frowned, disapointed. "Kelsey, what did I say about being so late? Honestly, it's as if you don't listen."

Kel sighed and shrugged, thinking not much of it. Unfortunetly, his mother thought otherwise.

"Don't sigh at me like that! Tsk, so ungreatful. Now be a good girl, Kelsey, and go study, no man wants an ill-mannered woman." She huffed, upset and disapointed. Kel looked at his mother, a little irratated. "Mom, I've told you before, I'm not a girl... And I want you to stop calling me Kelsey, please. It's just Kel."

His mother gritted her teeth and groaned. "I know what I named my daughter. Now leave." Kel did not listen and stepped closer to his upset mom. "No- Mom, I am not a girl. I don't feel like one, and I never did." 

Kel grunted in pain as his mom slapped him across the cheek with the scalding hot metal spoon harshly.

His cheek had a large burn mark that sizzled.

His mother groaned. "Come on... Always dramatic, you can't just-" She was cut off by high-pitched crying coming from the other room. She sighed and turned down the heat on the stove before leaving the room to attend to Sally.

Kel looked at the ground, reveling in his shame. His vision blurred with tears and he shakily touched his cheek, wincing. Great, another injury to cover up. He went to the bathroom and slowly rinsed his face with cold, running water.

His sobs were quiet and choked up, the pain almost unbearable. He moved his head to the side and leaned closer to the mirror, trying to get a good look at the damage.

The skin was bubbly, red,  and white, and had a couple of pieces of food inside of it, looking disgusting. Kel thought for a while, trying to think of what Hero told him. He even made up a stupid acronym; RDDW.

R (Rinse)

D (Disinfect)

D (Dry)

W (Wrap)

Eventually, Kel's cheek was covered with taped-up gauze. He sighed and left the bathroom, not even bothering to check if dinner was ready.

He took off his binder and stuffed it under his bed, afraid his mother might find it. He untied his hair and flopped on his bed, letting tears swell in his brown-orange eyes. He closed his tired eyes and quickly rifted to a peaceful sleep, something he really needed.