Unfailure

...

Omori growled, staring at Stranger with hatred. "What are YOU doing here?" The dark figure chuckled and seemed unfazed by the aggressive tone from the hikikomori. "I could ask you the same. But I already know why. Just let him go. Leave the guilt." Omori pulled out his knife in a flash and struck at the shadow, it going through him. "What I do with the dreamer is none of your business. I know what I'm doing." He seemed hesitant as he spoke, but confident. It was all fake, though.

Stranger spoke up once more, intrigued by Omori. "You do not. He is almost 17, and yet he clings to this fake world of lies, leave him. Force him to tell the truth, we'll both die either way." He took a step closer to the knife boy and for once, Stranger looked sincere. "Omori, we can't keep being this figment of imagination. Let the boy move on."

Omori shrugged him off and grunted. Stranger was right, The Dreamer needed to get over her death and his guilt, but how? "I-I... How, you prick!? He's too much of a pussy! I hate him! I can't just-" Stranger slapped his mouth shut. "Find it out yourself. I'll wait. Just remember, there's more than one truth that he needs to come clean on."

And just like that, the dark boy faded away, leaving the hikikomori in Whitespace. He dropped his knife and...

Cried.

For the first time, all of Sunny's repressed emotions hit him. Sorrow, anger, guilt. All of them.

Stranger was right. It was time he came clean. After all that had happened, the truth needed to come out one day.

...

Sunny blinked his eyes open. Then closed them again. He decided to sleep today. The whole day.

Kel got ready early today, hoping to see at least one of his long-time friends today. He slowly put on his binder, fixed up the gauze on his cheek, ate breakfast, tied his hair, etc. Almost exploding from excitement, he rushed out of the house, leaving just a silly sticky note to notify his parents. He made his way to Sunny's house first, frowning a bit at the way it looked. Unkept, dirty, and old. He shrugged it off. He pounded on the door. "Sun-Sun! Sunnnnnyyyyyy!"

After about fifteen minutes of non-stop knocking and yelling, he eventually gave up. He promised to try again tomorrow, though!

On the way to Basil's, he stopped at Aubrey's. He slowly knocked, carefully. "Aubrey, ya there?"

After a bit, the door creaked open, revealing Aubrey in a white and baggy shirt, and brown pants. She raised an eyebrow and groaned. "Kel... it's fucking 9 in the morning." "It doesn't matter, you seemed ready for something anyway. You aren't usually up!" Aubrey ruffled her hair and bit and leaned on the door frame, sighing. "Okay, okay... I do have something- but it's not right now. Anyways, what do you want?" Kel bounced up in happiness. "Come on, let's go see Bas!"

Aubrey froze. She looked to the side and furrowed her browns, obviously uneasy. "Kel... I-I don't know, can we please-" "Nope." He took her hand and started to trot to Basil's house.

Kel's smile faded a little as they reached the front of his house. He slowly turned to Aubrey, looking a little nervous. "A-Aubrey... I know you don't want to, but... I-I just want us all to be friends again. I-Is that too much to ask? S-Sunny's moving in four days too, so I just wanted everyone to b-be together again." He sniffled and shook his oncoming tears away, rubbing the bandage on his cheek.

She smiled in defeat. "Fine. I-I'll try..."

Kel's mood swung to a more happy looking self, and he almost bounced. "Yesssss! I promise you want to regret it!"

The two were in front of the blond's house. The tan boy raised his fist and smiled, knocking on the hardwood door.