Chapter Three

To: juliethegreat14@mail.com

From: amy_monroe@mail.com

Subject: Re: List Complete!

Dear Juliet,

I really hope that email was a joke. I've warned you about Dylan. He's a jerk. In other news, I heard through the grapevine you're pledging Delta Mu—I'm so psyched for you. Feel free to raid my closet next time you're at my house. I have tons of shirts and stuff. Don't do anything I wouldn't do.

Your Only Cousin,

Amy

"You must be Tally." I awkwardly pulled my towel tighter around me. Of course, my roommate and her family had to come by right as I came back from the shower. The floor was all girls, so most of us didn't bother dressing in the bathroom.

"Yeah... and you're Juliet?" The leggy brunette held out a hand.

I accepted the handshake. "Yup. Nice to meet you. I'll just go get dressed in the bathroom." I grabbed some clothes and headed to the door.

"No, don't be silly. We'll wait outside for a minute." Tally's mother smiled.

"Oh, thanks."

I dared a look at who I assumed had to be Tally's younger brother. He was probably fifteen or sixteen, and he had the biggest, cheesiest grin on his face.

"Come on." Tally tugged on his arm, and they walked out.

I pulled on a pair of khaki shorts and a blue tank top. Black flip flops completed the outfit. I brushed out my hair before securing it back into a bun.

"It's safe to come back in." I opened the door.

"Cool." Tally smiled.

"Obviously, I took that side." I pointed to my bed. "I hope you don't mind."

"Not at all."

"Good. Well, I'll get out of your way so you can unpack."

"You don't have to."

"No, it's totally fine. I have to be somewhere in twenty minutes anyway. I'll see you later." I glanced at her family. "Nice meeting you."

"Same to you."

The brother grinned at me as I walked out. Poor kid, he really needed to get a girlfriend.

I thought about stopping by Cara's room, but I opted to go for a walk instead. I'd been on campus over a week, but I'd barely done anything that didn't involve Sorority Rush or the Delta Mu house. I took a walk around the quad before cutting across campus to the sorority houses. I turned onto Coming Street and went up the front steps.

I was starting to get a hang of the pledging thing—or at least I thought I was. We spent at least half of the time being forced to memorize every minute detail about the history of Delta Mu and our local chapter. It would have been somewhat interesting if we didn't have to prove we'd taken in every word. I also wasn't a huge fan of our pledge mom, Amanda. Sometimes, I felt like she wanted us to screw up. The look of disappointment that crossed her face when I correctly named each of the original chapters and their school affiliations might have been comical if we hadn't been at it for two hours already.

After an hour of history, the topic of conversation moved on to the social scene. "I want all of you girls out and about tonight. Make sure to show off your pins, but remember, nothing with the actual Greek letters." Jana smiled.

"Because you haven't earned them yet." Amanda always had to play bad cop. "But that doesn't mean you aren't representing us. Make sure you dress cute. People are watching."

I wasn't one hundred percent sure what dressing cute actually meant. In my book, that meant a nice tank and skirt, but I had a feeling it also entailed something other than flip flops and a messy bun.

"I heard there's a really fun party over at Phi Omega tonight." Mallory applied mango scented lotion to her hands.

"Yeah?" I tried to sound nonchalant, but my heart was racing a mile a minute. I knew from my internet stalking that, not only was Dylan in that house, he was the president. Dylan and I hadn't interacted in any way since the night at the beach house. I doubted he even had my number. Maybe he'd just pretend it never happened. I wasn't sure whether I'd be more relieved or disappointed by that reaction.