Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

To: amy_monroe@mail.com

From: juliethegreat14@mail.com

Subject: sigh

Dear Amy,

College sucks.

Your Confused Cousin,

Juliet

"You gave me a hickey? You gave me a freaking hickey?" I slammed the door when I got back from the bathroom. After a few months of staying over at the Phi Omega house, I was finally used to it. It didn't mean I enjoyed staying in a house full of guys.

Dylan grinned. "I may have gotten a little bit excited last night."

"Really, so this wasn't intentional?" I put a hand around my neck.

"Maybe a little..."

"Dylan!" I threw a balled up shirt at him. "What the hell is wrong with you? Were you trying to mark me as yours like some Neanderthal?" After two months of dating Dylan, I wasn't surprised, but I was definitely mad.

"Can you really blame me?"

"Excuse me?"

"Can you blame me for wanting guys to know you're unavailable? You've got Mr. Muscle hitting on you constantly, and he isn't the only one."

"And that makes it okay to break blood vessels, or whatever the hell a hickey is?"

"Calm down. It's just a damn hickey. You can give me one if you want." He wriggled an eyebrow.

"This isn't funny."

"Yes, it is."

"No, it's not. You purposely left a mark on my neck. I worried that's what you were doing."

"Worried? You didn't seem worried last night."

"Like you'd even notice if I was?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" The smug look finally left his face.

"I can't do this. I won't do this. It's over."

He sat up. "What? Are you kidding?"

"You purposely left this disgusting mark on my neck because you're jealous that other guys look at me. How is that even remotely healthy?"

"Come back to bed, baby. You have time before class."

"Are you even listening to me?"

"Yes. Are you PMSing or something?"

"Go to hell." I grabbed my purse and water bottle, giving him the finger as I left. I wasn't satisfied that my first door slam was loud enough, so I did it again.

"Trouble in paradise?" Ryan asked as I passed him on the way down the stairs.

"Dylan's a prick." I took one more step. "And so are you." I emptied my water bottle over his head.

"What the fuck was that for?"

"The handcuffs and everything else." Pissed as I was, there was something so satisfying about watching him sopping wet. I wished for something stronger than water though.

I crashed into a guy in a gorilla mask as I walked to the front door. "Halloween isn't until tomorrow!" I yelled at him. Even soaking Ryan couldn't save my mood.

I stormed back to campus, covering my neck with my hand the whole time.

I didn't go to my room right away. I went to Cara's. Thankfully, her roommate was out.